Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
creature_of_hel
Former Member
Message 381 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

Hi all,

Please folks read the post 409. It can help you.

Regards

Message was edited by: creature_of_hell on 4/23/10 4:56:22 PM CDT
n6wk
Former Member
Message 382 of 1,143

I don't want to have to Open Notepad when I shut down my computer. I want McAfee to work trouble free. After all, that is what I paid for.

I want to be able to click on " Shutdown" and have my computer shut down without any errors. Anythinbg else is NOT acceptable

Doing what was suggested is like saying, you must open the right hand front car door before shutting off the engine to keep the engine from backfiring...

simply Silly in my opinion.

Message was edited by: n6wk on 4/23/10 5:00:09 PM CDT
Peacekeeper
Message 383 of 1,143

Thanks that PC has the issue as well?

creature_of_hel
Former Member
Message 384 of 1,143

Hi n6wk,

I never said that I had discovered the solution to the problem.
My tip was more to show that the problem seemed simple.
And I thought it would help those who can really solve the problem
And I want to inform you that after the upgrade, never had the error Mcsvhost.exe in the shutdown of the PC.

Excuse me if there was any misunderstanding. You do not need to attack me stone. I just want to help.

Regards

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 385 of 1,143

n6wk wrote:

I don't want to have to Open Notepad when I shut down my computer. I want McAfee to work trouble free. After all, that is what I paid for.

I want to be able to click on " Shutdown" and have my computer shut down without any errors. Anythinbg else is NOT acceptable

Doing what was suggested is like saying, you must open the right hand front car door before shutting off the engine to keep the engine from backfiring...

simply Silly in my opinion.

Message was edited by: n6wk on 4/23/10 5:00:09 PM CDT

There's a saying where I come from....s..t happens.  These things are sent to try us and at least people are trying to help.

If you don't want to try any remedies then that's your prerogative of course.

I've had many similar and even worse issues with other non-McAfee software so it isn't just confined to them.

n6wk
Former Member
Message 386 of 1,143

I wasn't Attacking you. I have no idea where you got that from.

I just stated that to do an extra step to get the Computer to shut down as it should seems Silly at best!

n6wk
Former Member
Message 387 of 1,143

Ex_Brit,

I should NOT  have to "Try any remedies".

That is McAfee's responsibility. Please telll me why they want the End users to sort this problem out when they are Paying people to write and supposedly fix stuff like this?

Now, if they want to start PAYING me and other s to sort this out, that would be different. The responsiblity should not be on our shoulders. We didn't create and sell this software. They did.

It is irrelevant if other software has problems, we are talking about McAfee here. McAfee is dragging their feet in solving this issue. Also, what they say where you come from really is not important to the rest of us here in my opinion.

Respectfully,

N6WK

Message was edited by: n6wk on 4/23/10 6:10:32 PM CDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 388 of 1,143

They are working on it obviously.  There's supposed to be major patch sometime soon.  Meanwhile if it were me I'd be only too glad to try suggestions at solving the issue.

If you want to speak toi McAfee then use the online Technical Support Chat.

creature_of_hel
Former Member
Message 389 of 1,143

Hi n6wk,

Now I understand what you meant. Before I thought you were considering
my tip as if it were the solution to the problem. So I felt offended. Again sorry for the misunderstanding.

As I said in another post: The English is not my first language. But still I want to help.

My intention here is explained in post 430.

Regards

n6wk
Former Member
Message 390 of 1,143

Thanks, But I have already been down the Tech Support route ( if that is what you call it) from McAfee.

I'd be better off hanging out at the mall and asking passerbys  for help, in my opinion.

I would be happy to try others suggestions if this were  FREE ware, but since I paid my money for it, is it wrong for me to expect to get what I paid for? A working product without errors??

Thanks for your suggestions to pacify those of us that expect a Working error free product.

You say they are "Working" on it, but do you know that for 100% certain? Who told you they are Working on it?

The Dell laptop computer I have here has had this error for Weeks now and I haven't seen much ( actually nothing)  directly from McAfee to solve it.

Message was edited by: n6wk on 4/23/10 7:00:06 PM CDT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community