Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mezzy
Contributor
Message 341 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

Hi Peter,

Most of us have done that already (stopping mcafee network agent in services.msc.

This does not make a blind bit of difference. Well not on my pc.

If you read up on previous posts, you will see that doing this has already been mentioned to no avail.

Mezzy.

ShawnWallace
Former Member
Message 342 of 1,143

If that's the case then we're looking at more than one problem at shutdown.  The patch that was released recently addresses a crash we saw when Network Agent was shutting down on Windows XP.  As far as I can tell from our crash reporting logs that issue was resolved.  I will continue to investigate the crashes that people are seeing.  Please be patient, you are not being ignored.

Mezzy wrote:

Hi Peter,

Most of us have done that already (stopping mcafee network agent in services.msc.

This does not make a blind bit of difference. Well not on my pc.

If you read up on previous posts, you will see that doing this has already been mentioned to no avail.

Mezzy.

Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 343 of 1,143

When was this fix then, I don't havnt noticed anything different, the error was still there, not sure about today yet.

tmgrl4
Former Member
Message 344 of 1,143

Glad to see others notice how slowly the scan goes. Mine gets "stuck" in the low percentages as well...

I still have the shutdown error.

I have no intention of messing with anything to work around this error.

When Dinesh removed my shortcut, even he couldn't find McAfee in Start/Programs....Found it in Add/Remove List and added it, but until I uninstalled and reinstalled it, I didn't see it at startup.

terri

Message was edited by: tmgrl4 on 4/21/10 8:35:06 AM CDT
gwayles1
Former Member
Message 345 of 1,143

I imagine that nothing shows in the Network Defense as a result of having followed the instruction some time ago to disable the Mcafee Network Agent in services. Disabling that item clearly fixed nothing.

gwayles1
Former Member
Message 346 of 1,143

I'm with you on this. Why should we be forced into the role of beta testers? I suppose McAfee will be willing to pay us for our efforts and for our wasted time and for selling us malfunctioning software?

Peacekeeper
Message 347 of 1,143

I'm with you on this. Why should we be forced into the role of beta 
testers? I suppose McAfee will be willing to pay us for our efforts and
for our wasted time and for selling us malfunctioning software?

and who thinks we are paid we do it to try to help users.  Without a user "in the wild" trying the beta how can Mcafee be sure the fix works all they have I assume is in house PCs.  The beta is stable it has been on my PC for the past 2 weeks  in the 10.5 version and in beta for 4 years without major issues. If we had beta users reporting this we mods would not need help here. Any1 got 20 mins to install the beta?

n6wk
Former Member
Message 348 of 1,143

Yes, I have 20 minutes but after the Events of Todays Fiasco with McAfee, I have told my Firewall to NOT let McAfee connect to the internet until it is solved.

I am VERY disapponted in McAfee for not being able to even fix their own Code.

Peacekeeper
Message 349 of 1,143

Today's what?. I have been asleep is this re the dat issue

n6wk
Former Member
Message 350 of 1,143

Peacekeeper, you need to read the news!  McAfee's latest screwup is affecting computers on a  Massive scale.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community