cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 331 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

Can 1 of you please uninstall via MCPR tool and reinstall the beta 10.5 version. It is supposed to fix this issue at least the network agent issue that causes most of this error's happenings.  This only way we mods can confirm issue fixed in 10.5. As I keep saying my kids 5 XP PCs all fine so something is different and the notes for 10.5 (downloadable at www.beta.mcafee.com you have to register) say this issue is fixed.

Note beta has its own MCPR tool available on the download page.

I know this is a big ask but more constructive than posting complaints here regularly. If it does not work then we can chase up the contacts we have and say the 10.5 fix is not fixed. This way we can move forward I hope.

gwayles1
Former Member
Message 332 of 1,143

What in the networking are you referring to? Do you mean two computers sharing an internet connection wirelessly or do you mean two computers sharing printers and files? I just looked at my Home Network Defense. I see that the other computer does not appear in the protected list, despite the fact that it used to appear there. Even if the other computer was offline, it would show me it existed. Now it just shows nothing at all. In the case of the two computers in this house, we only share the internet connection, nothing else. So I assume that since this error began, what has changed is that the Home Network Defense lost its brains and that is the application error that keeps appearing on shutdown. I would like to be able to help you with the testing of the beta, but I have had to uninstall/reinstall so many times due to McAfee problems, that I just don't want to go through that again. I hope that maybe the info I've given you here will indicate what may be wrong, but don't know if that is the case. Sorry I can't help more.

Message was edited by: gwayles1 on 4/21/10 1:04:04 AM CDT

Message was edited by: gwayles1 on 4/21/10 1:11:27 AM CDT
Peacekeeper
Message 333 of 1,143

I was referring to the statement from techs that this issue was caused by the network agent (mcafee's) where it does not let go of open connections thus throws up that message. What is confusing some say ensuring all network printers etc are off helps some say not thus maybe there is more to the issue thus we need to test teh 10.5 version so we can stir the pot if issue still there.

gwayles1
Former Member
Message 334 of 1,143

Just received your clarification message. Can tell you that all networked things are always turned off at the time of shutdown. In fact, are almost always turned off at all times. Don't see then how the networking can be the issue, other than what I explained in the previous message (the other computer that accesses the internet wirelessly has entirely disappeared from the Home Network Defense module).

Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 335 of 1,143

Peecemaker

This method did not work either. Scheduled scan was for 6.50 this morning. I had no programmes running on the pc, left it idle and the scan did not kick in until 7.25!!! I have opened my browser now to tell you this and it is running so so sloooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww after 10mins, only 2% done. Error message did not happen last night but I not hopeful it has gone. In fact i know it will return its too predicatable.

This programme does not work.

gwayles1
Former Member
Message 336 of 1,143

Just one more thing to share on this:  the Network Defense can't even see that this computer is on the internet. That's pretty funny, since I'm typing this message. I plugged in a couple of devices, just for fun - external drives, etc. Network Defense can't see that either.....maybe it isn't supposed to. I'll disconnect my devices, shutdown now, and expect I'll get the same error. We'll see...

Peacekeeper
Message 337 of 1,143

Nisa51

Peacemaker?? Wonder why so many call me that

This method did not work either. Scheduled scan was 
for 6.50 this morning. I had no programmes running on the pc, left it
idle and the scan did not kick in until 7.25!!! I have opened my browser
now to tell you this and it is running so so
sloooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww after 10mins, only 2% done. Error
message did not happen last night but I not hopeful it has gone. In
fact i know it will return its too predicatable.

Sorry what method was that?  I am unsure what is holding it up but the 10.5 beta improves things a lot but still not being able to disable the "smart" timer option. Re scanning is use minimal resources checked?

I found scanning reasonable fast 40Gb on C drive and 2 1Tb drives with 300Gb on each scanned to 90% in 90 minutes BUT when scanner hits the zipped win 7 backup files things grind to a halt. I reported this direct to the developer and something to improve zip file scanning coming.

gwayles1

The network map works My printer when I turn it on gets detected, my wifes pC is ther BUT bug there where they dissapear when PC is cold booted. Have to refill in trust this PC etc. Bug reported .

Why your network items are not detected I do not know if their Ips are allowed and the network trusted they should be.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 21/04/10 7:10:24 PM
Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 338 of 1,143

Peacemaker

Your post 337 relates to this, to say keep the pc in idle, no programmes running I did this but it still did not work on time. And yes I have Use minimum resources ticked. But I have now disabled the scheduled scan, its too unreliable.

10.5? where is this. Is this an official release mine is version 10.0

Peacekeeper
Message 339 of 1,143

Nisa51 You did not get my humour re the wrong nick you used...

Ok understand will test mine tomorrow Ok set it to 7:30 am tomorrow morning (12 hrs time approx)

10.5 is as I said the new beta version that I am trying to get someone to install. I always run the beta as Ex_brit and I also are beta mods.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 340 of 1,143

Going back to the original subject....this just in from a McAfee Technician...

Customer gets Mcsvhost.exe error at computer shut down:
This issue has been reported to dev team (bug 530737) and Dev confirms that
this issue should be addressed by the ‘1.01’ fix due mid-April.
Workaround: Turning off the McAfee Network Agent.
Issue seems to be caused by McAfee Network Agent continuing to poll network
during shutdown.  Try stopping and disabling McAfee Network Agent in
services.msc.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community