cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 221 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

Mcafee is working on it I am bringing it up again  Tomorrow in our call. As far as I gather they still cannot reproduce this and my kids 5 pcs are all fine on xp sp3 with 2010 installed.

Will update you after then. BTW with 20 or so out of tens of millions of installs the issue is not big but we will keep on them to get it sorted out.

Any1 get the techs come back and retest their PCs recently?

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 5/04/10 12:39:14 PM
exhausted_custo
Former Member
Message 222 of 1,143

Make sure you ask for refund within 30 days of purchase (depend upon where you had purchase).

Like I said earlier, already feeling victim in this case as waste more than 30 days being hopeful and McAfee let me down and now I can't even get refund.

It is like old days, take money and run..

Let us start count of people who have problem. Keep it working this way.

Find out last post that has a counter and if you never put your counter create a post with next counter number.

Thanks to OP, please keep creating new post so atleast McAfee knows true counter that is reported.

Having said that I begin here with number 1.

olf-art
Former Member
Message 223 of 1,143

A second computer in my stable of 3,popped up this error last night on shutdown. It had been running McAfee 2010 perfectly until last night. So much for me feeling cocky only having this error on 1 on my 3 machines.

Now its on 2 of them,just waiting for it to show on the third one. "Waiting for the shoe to drop".

All PCs running XP Pro and up to date @ windows update.

BTW....STILL cannot get rid of that "flamin" McAfee shortcut that continually reappears on my desktop either!!

Message was edited by: olf-art on 4/5/10 3:09:33 AM CDT
Peacekeeper
Message 224 of 1,143

To get rid of that shortcut     A permanent fix coming soon I hear but the link adjacent works .

Sorry your 2nd PC has this persistant issue

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 5/04/10 6:57:01 PM
olf-art
Former Member
Message 225 of 1,143

Thanks for your help with the Desktop shortcut Peacekeeper, the fix worked pefectly.

Peacekeeper
Message 226 of 1,143

Glad that helped wish I had a fix for the mcsvhost issue though. Will ask tomorrow Morning My time in our call

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 5/04/10 9:03:05 PM
PCFriend
Former Member
Message 227 of 1,143

Hi to all.

Further to my post 199. Mar 31, 2010 3:43 PM.

After writing to the consumer PR executive.I got a call from tier2 tech support if they can close this issue as it is being handled by developers team.I told them NO keep it open until it is resolved.No more calls from any one at Mcafee so far,may be they are enjoying a long easter weekend.

However,some good news!!!!!!!!!when I updated my Mcafee2010 on 2nd April,I was surprised to see that my Mcafee rolled back to version2009.Since then NO More shutdown errors.To reconfirm if this version stays put I did updates on 3rd,4th & 5th April & still it is retaining the Version2009 & no more errors while shutting down..

Have they pulled back 2010 version for fixing the problem or did they put a 2009 version under my accounts temporarily,I am yet to know.

As of now I have got back 2009 version & no more McSvHost.exe listed in my system nor any errors from that.

Hope you all get back your 2009 version too.

PCFriend
Former Member
Message 228 of 1,143

Hi

I just opened the Mcafee security center & clicked on "about" at the bottom to check the version details.The Mcafee site advisor LAST UPDATED shows as " 12/31/1969" .mcafeeimage.TIF

View the attached image.

tmgrl4
Former Member
Message 229 of 1,143

I still have the error message, so I hope McAfee knows this from my last post, since Dinesh thought I didn't have

the McSvHost.exe in my error, but I DO!

I hesitate to uninstall again and go to my subscription to reinstall a rollback...maybe we'll get a fixe.

If anyone else has downloaded after uninstalling...in last few days ...and gets the older version, please let us know here.

In the meantime, I just live with it.

I thought it only occurred when I tried to shutdown too soon after closing IE.  Not true. Twice it shutdown without error.  Then last night it was back.

terri

New York

Again...I have XP IE8, all my updates are current.

I deleted my shortcut three times, drag and drop and right click and it was back each time I got an update.

Will try it again.

gwayles1
Former Member
Message 230 of 1,143

That's odd. All of my updates show 2/24/2010. Except for  Anti-Spam, which shows 4/4/2010.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community