cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 121 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

I notice you had XP sp2 does upgrading to 3 help (probably not though yor post this begs another question who here has vista and win 7 ( 32 or 64 bit) and has the issue?) (I am too busy atm to go through the posts).

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 27/03/10 2:45:06 PM
ajmitch
Former Member
Message 122 of 1,143

I don't have SP3, but I do have Windows 7 which I hope to install on my second hard disk tomorrow evening.  I'll let you know how the two perform together.

I am still using IE6 with XP, as I refuse to have IE7 because it removes so much access that I had taken for granted.  i.e.  with IE7 I could no longer access my Local Settings folder or the folders within that.  (all hidden, system folders),  despite the settings in Internet Options, IE7 removes access to certain system folders.  I do a lot of programming and testing on my PC and need full access and control and the ability to examine the contents of the cookies, history, temp and temporary internet folders (and to be able to manually delete their contents),  IE7 took that away, so I uninstalled it and went back to IE6.  I've not tried IE8.

phoenix1975
Former Member
Message 123 of 1,143

The problem of the error is due to the changes of the file tcpip.sys with programs such as evidpatch223d.

Peacekeeper
Message 124 of 1,143

Can you enlarge on your comment please. Isn't that file a patch for viewer for football games?

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 27/03/10 3:07:42 PM
Quaffa
Former Member
Message 125 of 1,143

At the risk of tempting fate...

I have to report that I have not had the McSvHost.exe error message thrown up at all since I powered down on Tuesday evening. I have powered down numerous times since then, but without the error message.

Has anyone else noticed any improvement in their situation in the last three or four days with regard to the McSvHost message?

I suspected that a patch had been issued, and auto-downloaded & installed, but upon checking my version and build numbers they show no update.

I suppose it may just be coincidence... I bet I get the message again this evening!

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 126 of 1,143

I continue to not have any problems concerning this issue. Please read my previous post number 79 from March 18th

Message was edited by: k3tg on 3/27/10 7:11:30 AM CDT
mcscotty57
Contributor III
Message 127 of 1,143

Quaffa: I still have the "McSvHost.exe error on Shutdown", in my 3 PC.

Mezzy
Contributor
Message 128 of 1,143

Yes,

I still have this issue.

I dont think it is a virus as someone mentioned, as too many of us are experiencing the same issue, so we all can't have "picked up" this virus.

I think this is definitly a Mcafee issue.:(

Just hope they fix it.

Mez.

tmgrl4
Former Member
Message 129 of 1,143

After reading all of these posts...and having done whatever I can I

Still have the error message 0x6280436a at shutdown.

I have XP, IE8, it happened immediately after McAfee updated me to the new version/platform and has continued since.

I contacted tech support, got set up with a number and person, but never got back to me. I saved that e-mail, but will not use it, since they are rarely helpful, suggesting everything but a fix.

I have uninstalled the entire program (and I have only Virus Scan Plus now, because of other problems with other McAfee programs)

Then I used their removal Tool...which seemed to do it's work.

After it was reinstalled, I still got the error message on most shutdowns.  I also used McAfee Virtual Technician both before and after reinstalling it.

Each time it said it fixed one error.

Not.

McAfee needs to figure this out and give us a patch/update. We are, few of us, experts enough to tinker with registries and safe boots and doing extra things at start-up and shutdown.

If this isn't fixed soon, I will uninstall all McAfee products again and use our "free" Optimum security, by Computer Associates, which received a very high rating. I won't begin to tell you the problems I've had with McAfee once things go wrong.

Before online tech support, I once got connected to somone who talked me through things for an hour, didn't fix the problem and then got an addon to my phone bill for over $200 for the call, which I refused to pay.

McAfee...too big a company to not be able to address these annoying issues when obviously many are experiencing it.

I update Windows automatically and search for updates every day and have SPack 3 installed.

tb

New York

Message was edited by: tmgrl4 on 3/27/10 11:13:08 AM CDT
tmgrl4
Former Member
Message 130 of 1,143

When I did wild card search for *McSvHost.exe* I get 2159 files.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community