cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kidd
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

McSvHost.exe Strikes Again

Just started this morning, I get this error when opening Firefox.

6 Replies
Kidd
Former Member
Message 2 of 7

Re: McSvHost.exe Strikes Again

This happens every time I run Firefox (3.6.2) for the first time after a reboot, and all's well until the next reboot or startup.  It only started last week.

I also get the shutdown error!

Winxp Pro SP3

2g ram

200g h/d

No spyware/virus

Kidd
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

It's been almost 2 weeks since I first posted this problem, Firefox updated to v3.6.3 and it's still happening. Has no one else had this problem?

olf-art
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

There is another thread in the forum regarding your issue Kidd. You might be interested  in perusing this:  http://community.mcafee.com/thread/21993?tstart=0

Kidd
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

Hi olf-art, Yes I've seen that thread, the shutdown error is not a big issue for me (more of a nuisance). No one else seems to be experiencing the Firefox error that I am.

Kidd
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

I had to do a restore from a february disk image and the Firefox problem has stopped!

qizzle
Former Member
Message 7 of 7

I also get this annoying message regarding McSvHost.exe on shutdown, at the moment it seems as though its just not affecting anything else, I strongly agree that McAfee sort this out, I have been a customer for the last 5-6 years & this is the first time they have cocked up an update to one of my comps over the years

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community