cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halton
Contributor III
Message 11 of 21

Re: McAffee Service Host stopped working

I did find a log but I can't  decipher shall I send it?

Jerry

Message was edited by: halton on 12/19/12 4:34:50 PM CST

Message was edited by: halton on 12/19/12 4:35:29 PM CST
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 12 of 21

Depends what it is. When I did that search (I was looking for the Dr Watson output) I found quite a lot of files created and modified just in one day. What's its filename?

halton
Contributor III
Message 13 of 21

Here are the file names.

McSvHost 000

McSvHost 001

McSvHost 002

Jerry

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 21

Only one of those : McAfee cycles through them to add output messages so not necessarily the 002 log. The current log will have today's timestamped messages at the end of the file.

I thought there would be a file generated by Windows, since it's usually Windows which pulls the plug on mcsvhost. Nothing in the Windows directory or in whichever Vista directory corresponds to "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft"?

halton
Contributor III
Message 15 of 21

I have sent to the Microsoft communities about  the error messages and asked if there is a log and where the log is. As soon as I have an answer I will let you know.

Something I was just made aware of about an email making the rounds with an enclosed virus Here is a part of the email:

You should be alert during the next few days. Do not open any message with an attachment

entitled POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK , regardless of who sent it to you.

It is a virus which opens A POSTCARD IMAGE, which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your computer.

This virus will be received from someone who has your e -mail address in his/her contact list.

It goes on by saying that it was discovered McAffee  yesterday. I don't know if you are aware if this.

Jerry

halton
Contributor III
Message 17 of 21

I am hesitant to go to these websites but it seems it is the one. Has McAffee got it in the virus definitions. Can it elminate it?

Jerry

Message was edited by: halton on 12/24/12 7:29:48 AM CST
Peacekeeper
Message 18 of 21

Those sites all shown green by Mcafee so safe. It really is a chain email frightening you to pass it on. It is not containing a virus as far as I see.

read the sites I posted

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 19 of 21

hoax email.JPG

Peacekeeper
Message 20 of 21

Ok some do contain malare so to be sure scan with some of the following after a mcafee scan.

McAfee Communities: Anti-Spyware, Malware & Hijacker Tools

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community