cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warrenianbarr
Former Member
Message 1 of 20

McAfee will not allow me to install software that I know is legit

I have been running a program on my computer for a few months ago that I bought to allow me to burn karaoke discs. All of a sudden, I noticed it wasn't working so when I went to reinstall in, McAfee won't allow me because when it gets to a certain part of the program that it is trying to install, the box that gives me a choice to 'retry', 'skip', or 'abort' keeps coming up. This program (along with McAfee) has been running fine for months now. Please help.

Thanks,
Warren
19 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 20

RE: McAfee will not allow me to install software that I know is legit

Warren,

Try the steps in this sticky: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=228162
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 3 of 20

Hi,

Can you give me more information on the Product you use and the Exact Error message you get.
What is the version of Operating system you use?
How do you connect to the internet (DSL, Cable or wireless)?

Steps

Update the Software you use.
Update the Windows including optional/patch update.
warrenianbarr
Former Member
Message 4 of 20

This is ridiculous! I need this Karaoke program for my business and McAfee still will not let me reinstall it. I know this program is legit. McAfee should at least give me an option to 'trust' the program or something. I went into security center and checked the box next to each artemis file and clicked 'send to mcafee' last week and I still have not heard anything. If I turn off McAfee just to install this program, won't it remove when I turn it back on? Help!!!

Warren
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 20

Well have you tried sending in the file by email? That sticky explains how. The sooner you do it, the sooner they will either accept it or reject it. If the latter reply immediately appealing the decision.

When it's submitted through SecurityCenter Quarantine folder it is merely vetted but you will never hear back personally.
warrenianbarr
Former Member
Message 6 of 20

Where do I find it once I restore it?
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 20

Wherever it was before...Program Files?
warrenianbarr
Former Member
Message 8 of 20

I restored it and then did a google search on my computer and it was nowhere to be found. Can't I just have mcafee ignore this file or turn it off temporarily and install it?
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 20

What is your operating system? Google wont find a file on your computer it only searches the internet....you have to use the system search from the Start Menu.

If it was an installed program then it will be back in the installed programs. If it was in a storage folder it will be back there.
warrenianbarr
Former Member
Message 10 of 20

Vista has a search bar that searches your computer.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community