cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Piyush1
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

McAfee treating my programs as a virus and deleting them.

Hello,

Myself Piyush and I am in first year and I am learning C Programming. So I use visual studio to write programs and gcc to compile my codes and I have to run them to see the outputs. But as soon as I run the program which is created when I compile my codes, McAfee quarentines them and delete them even if they are safe. I tried contacting support from chat and they asked me to send the sample by mail but google mail is also blocking the program I want to upload. So how am I suppose to execute my codes ? Also McAfee does not provide any option to exclude the entire folder from Real-Time scanning in which the code are compiled and saved. This is so much stupid and Microsoft Defeneder let us exclude any entire folder from real time scanning in seconds. Also support from chat didn't gave me any alternative option to send my samples to the lab. Also its now getting more frustating as McAfee deletes the file I want to run even after excluding it which is the most stupid thing. Please add this feature or give me any option to run my codes. Thank you. 

6 Replies
Smita_Kumari
Message 2 of 7

Re: McAfee treating my programs as a virus and deleting them.

Hi @Piyush1 ,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kindly perform the below troubleshooting and do let us know the outcome.

Kindly exclude C++ .exe file along with all associated file in it from RTS exclusion.

You can also follow the KB article TS102056

Regards
Smita Kumari

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Piyush1
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hello, @Smita_Kumari ,

But according to this article I have to exclude every file I create everyday which is so much frustating. Also now McAfee is also deleting the excuded files and quarentines them even if I again exclude the same file. Is there another way to send file other then mail to the lab so that they can fix this false-positive virus.

Smita_Kumari
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Piyush1 ,

Greetings from McAfee,

We request you to kindly follow the steps mentioned in the below KB article to upload your compiled program files.

Also we would like to inform you that only the file which will be shared to the concern team will be whitelisted, in case if any new compiled program is getting created, it need to get uploaded again.

How to submit false positives to McAfee

Regards,
Smita

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Piyush1
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

@Smita_Kumari So I have to send every sample, which is just impossible. Can't you please just forward the request to add the feature to exclude the whole folder.

Smita_Kumari
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Piyush1 ,

Thank you so much for sharing your valuable feedback . We will share your feedback to the concern team.

Regards,
Smita Kumari

Piyush1
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Thankyou so much for giving me your time. Now when I code and run my programs I turn off real time protection temporarily and I have also excluded the folder from Windows Security and now I am able to run my codes properly but however it would be more nice to have an option to exclude folder from RTS. So please forward this request. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community