cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gb53
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

McAfee says my computer is not protected....

I haven't downloaded or installed anything, however, when I start up my computer, McAfee Security Suite tells me that my computer is not protected. Usually, clicking "fix" will solve the problem, but as of 2 days ago, when I click "fix", it tells me to wait while it fixes my protection problem, then there's a message that says: "One or more errors cannot be fixed because of an error". On the right, it says: "One or more components are missing. Please reinstall McAfee VirusScan." When I try to reinstall it from the Comcast website, I get another error. PLEASE HELP! One minute everything was fine...and now this! Should I completely uninstall it , then reinstall it? I've been at this for 2 days, and I'm running out of ideas.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.
1 Reply
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

RE: McAfee says my computer is not protected....

Hi,
Pleas clarify,

Did you receive any kind of alert/advertisements or pop-ups in the computer?
Check the DAT version and Engine version of McAfee Virus scan (Open Security center-click on about in the Right hand bottom panel-check the Build version and DAT version for McAfee Virus scan)?
Steps:

Perform the McAfee Virtual Technician in both computer and post the session ID http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/default.asp
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community