cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbson150
Former Member
Message 11 of 18

Re: McAfee says my computer is at risk even though I bought a new subscription.

my session ID was 30465885

tbson150
Former Member
Message 12 of 18

the name of my computer is thedude-PC

tbson150
Former Member
Message 13 of 18

I did all the steps, I ran the removal tool, rebooted and ran the preinstall tool, then re-installed completely. I was green for about 5 minutes and it said my subscription expired on 10/18/2011. Then it went back to being at risk for 72 days.

newjack
Former Member
Message 14 of 18

There may be another problem here.You said something about antivirus plus??This is a rogue antivirus. If I understand you correct.Here is a link to fix.If you have this product in this link,you may have to download malwarebytes and run.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antivirus-plus

Dinz
Former Member
Message 15 of 18

Newjack,

For your information , Antivirus plus is a security package of McAfee as like your security center and Total protection software. So dont panic on the terms even though it might be familiar.

And tbson150,
Please click on Useful links  the top of this page and get in touch with our chat technicians , so that they would help you to correct your subscription details and get this resolved for you.
tbson150
Former Member
Message 16 of 18

I do not have that product. It is definitely McAfee and it just says McAfee Antivirus Plus is my product.

newjack
Former Member
Message 17 of 18

Sorry,I misunderstood.

IdrisMohammed
Former Member
Message 18 of 18

Hi Newjack,

Greetings....

I have attached the screen capture of actuall antivirus plus of McAfee and fake antivirus alert. McAfee anti virus plus is earlier called as virus scan plus.. so i m positive that tbson150 is reffering to McAfee antivrus plus cos this appears due to account conflict.

tbson150 : The reason why Dinz has asked you to contact tech support may be they would n.t have found  more info with this email .May be you might have registered McAfee under a different email or something.. so if you contact the tech support with the right email that you used to install McAfee and registered email address they can get in to their system enter yore email and check for the machine details and deactivate the older onces

Good luck..

Sorry i was not able to get it fix completely cos sometimes we need the help of customer support tools to fix it  and only McAfee techs have acess for it..

Please try this and let us know how it went.

Regards

Idris

Message was edited by: Dinz on 1/27/11 2:58:13 PM GMT-06:00
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community