cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bowzerbird
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

McAfee's New Interface :>(( And a question!

Hi Guys,

Sorry to sound grumpy but the new McAfee Security Suite Interface is horrible. I preferred the previous one and did an on-line chat to ask if they were going to change it if they got enough complaints. Their on-line chat was of NO help and was wondering if any of you here know if they will change it. They said it was more "user friendly" and used less recourses. Does anyone here like it? Does anyone here know if they will change it??

Also, when I imported my address book from Thunderbird the "friends list" was all jumbled. I have a funny feeling many of you know what I mean. I asked them how I could delete ALL the names & emails at once and all the advice they could give is the usual: uninstall & reinstall McAfee, that's ALWAYS their solution. It appeared all I could do from the program was delete ONE at a time. A forever process!!     . Anyone here have an easier procedure to delete ALL the names & addys at once? Also, is there an easier way to import the address book from Thunderbird so the "name" & "email addy" goes in the correct columns and not jumbled with phone #'s and dots & dashes and garbled junk!

Can anyone out there help me, please!   And thanks in advance, I will be eternally grateful to you all!

Ellen

7 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Re: McAfee's New Interface :>(( And a question!

Moved to SecurityCenter 10 - 2010 for better attention.  I can only answer the 1st part of the question.

There's no going back to the old interface.   While this interface may have a few initial problems it is simpler to use and does use fewer computer resources.

You may wish to contact Technical Support Chat regarding that specific Thunderbird issue.

Linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 14/04/10 6:57:12 EDT PM
bowzerbird
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

Hey, thanks for the fast reply, I'll go and check over at SecurityCenter 10 - 2010 for the other answer.

Thanks again,

Ellen

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

bowzerbird wrote:

Hey, thanks for the fast reply, I'll go and check over at SecurityCenter 10 - 2010 for the other answer.

Thanks again,

Ellen

That's right here.   Good luck.

bowzerbird
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

Hi Peter,

I have gone to the live chat and as I said, they are [rarely] of any help. Their answer is most often, uninsatll & reinstall McAfee. Is there any one out there who knows how to delete ALL the entries in the "friends list" w/o having to uninstall & reinstall? Also, when importing the addressbook from Thunderbird, why does it jumble everything? Several years ago, it imported the addresses perfectly but now, oh man!!! what a mess!

Hope someone out there can help with an easier solution then uninstalling etc..

Ellen

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

It's best you start a new thread HERE (Anti-Spam) explaining exactly what the problem is.  I'm afraid I have little knowledge of the application.

If you do try Chat again and don't get a satisfactory answer ask them to escalate to a higher level.

Crosspatch
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

I couldn't agree with you more.

The overall look is a design disaster which, despite claims to the contrary, makes it considerably more difficult to use. It's badly laid out, difficult to read and generally unclear. If they insist on making the application look like some fifth rate shareware's online help, the least they could do is allow text size options.

I haven't bothered with contacting their 'support' services online or otherwise - they are generally useless and, in my experience, often so wrong you wonder if they actually work in IT at all. (That said, they're terribly nice and want to please, so you end up thanking them profusely just to end the session)

I am singularly unimpressed with this latest update and it would not take much for me to cancel my subscription - this is the latest in a string of poor management decisions all of which lead to a reduction in customer confidence.

hairyguy27
Former Member
Message 8 of 8

I agree completely with this post.  This ugly beast imposed itself on me two nights ago.  Most of the functionality of the advanced control panel is gone along with backup-restore and the password vault.  I guess McA was tired of having a functional product and opted to go for an arty one instead.  Norton dumped a malformed version on me three years ago, which was when I made the switch to McA.  I guess it's time to move on.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community