cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SNorman
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

McAfee keeps falsely detecting my files...

As a gamer, I download a lot of stuff (Mods, Trainers, Savegames, ETC.), but I have a particular problem that is frustrating me to no end. I recently downloaded a .zip file that I couldn't extract the contents of. After unblocking the .zip, it became apparent what was going on. Apparently McAfee detects the desired file itself as a Trojan, not the zip. When it gives me the option, I restore it, but as soon as I try to access it, it ends right back in quarantine. I tried not accessing it, and instead directly making it a "Trusted Program", but as soon as I reach it's location in the "Add Trusted..." menu, it once again detects it and sends it to quarantine. The file is NOT a Trojan. How can I make the file trusted so it won't end up back in Quarantine?
1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

RE: McAfee keeps falsely detecting my files...

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community