cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
texasyellowrose
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

McAfee icon

The McAfee icon at the bottom of my toolbar has an X on it. When scanned, it is able to "FIX" some problems but unable to fix others. Why is it not able to fix the other problems?

I am disappointed in this program if it is unable to resolve the problems.
3 Replies
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

RE: McAfee icon

Hi,
Please clarify,
Can you open the McAfee and let me know what error you get in the Right hand panel?
What type of internet connection you have (DSL, Cable….)?
Post the DAT version and Engine version of McAfee Virus scan (Open Security center-click on about in the Right hand bottom panel-check the Build version and DAT version for McAfee Virus scan)?Did you receive any kind of alert/advertisements or pop-ups in the computer?
Steps
Perform the McAfee Virtual Technician in both computer and post the session ID http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/default.asp
texasyellowrose
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

McAfee Icon

Dear Bala,

Thank you for your response but it appears it corrected itself---finally. But I just don't understand when I have the McAfee program to take care of such technology headaches. The thing is that it will occur again because it does that every so often.

Regards,
texasyellowrose20
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

RE: McAfee Icon

Glad, your issue is been fixed with McAfee but please monitor your McAfee product and let us knows if the issue persists in upcoming day
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community