Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skipl
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

McAfee UNINSTALLED ME

On may 3 /09 I had a remote fix McAfee
agent on my computer. After more than 1 hr. agent went to uninstall programs. I watched as agent ckicked off each McAfee program! thought agent was going to reinstall them. Did not!! After that my screen returned to desk top.
ALL McAfee ICONS WERE GONE! Agent never said goodby, let me know he ( or she) was done or anything , was just was gone.

Went to start a new chat to find out about it. Asked chat if I was complely uinstalled from McAfee. She said YES,"you have uinstlled McAfee. She hung up on me shortly after that.

I did not uninstall , the agent did

WELL WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT. TRY TO FIX A PROBLEM AND THEY UNINSTALL YOU skipl :mad:

I"ll BET I"LL HAVE TROUBLE GETTING A REBATE!!!!!!!
7 Replies
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 8

RE: McAfee UNINSTALLED ME

Sorry for the inconvenience, Can you please brief us on the issue you had with McAfee software?
Please clarify, what is the operating system (OS) you use? How do you connect to the internet (DSL, cable, wireless)?
skipl
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Unninstall info

Issue was>signature file 8-29 days old. Klick FIX,new box came up,lower right. Problem.could not update,please reinstall these programs.
My operating system> 521 Dell; 32 bit; wireless conc.

I will add that the agent looked to me that as knowlegeable as the one I had 2mos. ago. looked lost,was very slow, and I think he was frustrrated,so he just uninstaled the programs!

Case #s sr 297566981 & sr 297523614

I DON"T WANT ANY MORE OF McAfee>>>>ONLY A REBATE!!!!!!

SKIPL :mad:
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

RE: Unninstall info

It would help to know what operating system and service pack you are using plus whether or not you are totally up to date with both critical and non-critical updates?

Also check you system clock for accuracy, both time and timezone.
Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 8

Mate your product is way past the 30day refund time so a refund would be a small possibility. Why not just reinstall it since the tech uninstalled it. Really i suggest you follow the removal fAQ ien my signature and confirm it is fully removed then reinstall from your account.

Version 9 is stable ok it pops up a not protected message regularly but clicking fix works. Your 28 day issue has been fixed I hear. The reinstallation should fix that issue.
secured2k
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Peacekeeper's Signature Below [12MAY09]

Tony
McAfee Maniac (Volunteer Moderator)
Have you tried
Forum Search
FAQ Search
Mcafee Program Removal
Virtual technician

Security Centre 9.11 beta, Vista Ultimate 32bit:p

Riddlez
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

I understand your frustration, my own experience with McAfee tech support chat (I haven't been able to use it since they started to use that gotoassist client !, and no, I'm not infected!) is that their 'help' can be very frustrating.

My own experience with Tier 1 support is that they are generally not very knowledgable and go 'by the book'.

Lots of people have been having problems as you can see on this forum.

If you're past the 30 day 'refund time' you probably won't get a refund, but you can always ask. I know a certain security software vendor with very good customer service, they gave me a refund of about 6 months worth, not McAfee ...
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

We can't do anything here regarding refunds. Yoiu have to speak with Customer Service at top of this page, second from the left. Mention to them what problems you had with technical Support.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community