cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 11 of 16

RE: McAfee Totatl Protection 2009 pop up errors.

I can't comment on a date but i am sure it very close..
Could you try to re-install McAfee today and check it out please?

I think if my calculations are correct it might help wink
tommiy2
Former Member
Message 12 of 16

Tried reinstalling......and it didn't help. In fact I actually left the machine installing and went out. Came home to find that it had a instrumentation stopped working error during the installation process which seemed to stop the installation....it sat sitting on the installing virus scan for a few hours. There is of course no cancel button on the install screen so had to kill the process instead...then run MCRP to remove everything and then try again. Second time around it installed fine. However after rebooting and within 5 minutes I got a virus scan module stopped working error.
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 13 of 16

Ohhh..

Well would you like to try something for me?

If its ok with you could you run the removal tools and then Install the McAfee Total Protection Beta version on your machine . There were some settings on DELL machine that has been sorted out on the latest 9.3 (read BETA)

Could you see if installing that helps you in any case?
tommiy2
Former Member
Message 14 of 16

Would dearly love to try that...eventually dug up the beta page for home users...found that it said I didn't have an account. Guess that the beta accounts are separate to the mcafee accounts...went to register. Tried 6 times to actually register with the server continually telling me something went wrong at the server end and to retry. On the 7th attempt it told me I had an account already. Guess that one of the earlier requests actually made it through. Then went to down load the software but was told I hadn't activated my account....now waiting for the email to arrive...an hour later still not here...

When it eventually turns up I may try to do something with it...if it doesn't I'm returning the product I've had enough of the time wasting exercise to be rather honest. Thanks for your help so far.
tommiy2
Former Member
Message 15 of 16

Finally turned up...unfortunately I need to go cycling at present for a couple of hours will install when I get back....
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 16 of 16

Thanks for your patience 🙂

please do run the MCPR ( removal tool and reboot before installing the new version)
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community