cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newjack
Former Member
Message 11 of 15

Re: McAfee Total Protection

Does site advisor work when you use it?Also if you post the Mvt log maybe someone can see something that needs correcting.Also for some reason i have done asystem restore before on my computer.I have always recieved Mcafee problems when doing a restore.Most of the time you can correct it by right clicking on Mcafee icon in task bar.Then click check for updates.This has worked for me in the past.

Message was edited by: newjack on 2/7/11 1:46:10 PM EST
china-mike
Contributor
Message 12 of 15

I have essentially the same problem repeatedly...  except the McAfee icon in the task bar shows up during startup of Windows Vista 64 but then disappears and none of the McAfee software is working. 

Previously, the support prople helped me completely delete all McAfee software and reinstall.  I also ran Stinger.exe plus Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware and they Found the Artemis!0DC791194DFE trojan;  Artemis!A5BB013C132F trojan;  Artemis!79DC9329D821 virus ; and FakeAlert!fakealert-REP trojan

All were repaired except the fakeAlert trojan found in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10m_ActiveX.exe

I am doing it all over again right now.  How can I get this to stop???????

What other possible programs might be causing this?  Could it be Reviversoft Registry Reviver?

garethdhill
Former Member
Message 13 of 15

Am having teh same problem as china-mike.

Have run Stinger which identifies trojan but won't repair file or delete it. Am a bit of a novice at this so advice required.

Daft question though: why does McAfee not remove this or have much about this trojan on their site especially as seems to have been around for a while ?

Peacekeeper
Message 14 of 15

RE the Fake alert trojan asking techs why it (stinger) will not clean it. I assume stinger not on report mode.

Re registry cleaners what can i say.

I and other mods here suggest not to use them I used to but they can mess up things well and truely.

jaymfe
Former Member
Message 15 of 15

Hi All,

As I understand, “Real-Time Scan is off” issue may happen due to two or more security software on your computer, a recent Restore on your computer may affect McAfee service and registry entries, improper installation of McAfee, infection of virus/malware, re-install/ upgrade of operating system on your computer, a recent update of McAfee itself.

If you face this issue on your computer,

1. Please run McAfee Virtual Technician (http://mvt.mcafee.com) and don’t forgot clickon “Fix” button, if McAfee Virtual Technician found any issues.
  2. Remove all incompatible software from your computer FAQ  (TS 100914 ) .Check the FAQ and confirm no incompatible software are on your computer.
  3. It will automatically start updating McAfee.Otherwise try to update manually by clicking “Update” button  and “Check for the updated” on the McAfee Homepage.
  4. Confirm DAT (Navigation >> about) versionon your computer is up to date by going to McAfee website http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security-updates/security-updates.aspx.
  5. If it did not fix the issue, Please save Oas-Disabled-Fixtool to desktop (  http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/oas-disabled-fix.cmd).
  6. Run the file if your operating system is WindowsXP or run the file “As Administrator” if your Operating System is WindowsVista/ 7.
  7. Restart the computer and try to update McAfeemanually by clicking “Update” button  and“Check for the updated” on the McAfee Home page. (Do not forget to confirm youare getting latest DAT version)
  8. Enable Real-Time Scan and try to run a “Quick Scan”and if you are able to run scan, there go and you made it and if you are notable to scan, remove and reinstall your McAfee software using the FAQ TS100507.
  9. If Real-Time Scanning is still disabled, contactMcAfee Technical Support. Go to https://service.mcafee.com and select Technical Support.
  10. If you had infection on your computer, pleasetry to run stinger (TS100815 ) and remove and reinstall your McAfee software using the FAQ TS100507.
  11. The lastand BEST option I contact McAfee Technical support. They are available all day,all the time. Go to https://service.mcafee.comand select Technical Support.

Message was edited by: DarK_GoD on 3/17/11 7:34:08 AM CDT

Message was edited by: DarK_GoD on 3/17/11 7:39:48 AM CDT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community