cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eskapet1
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

McAfee SecurityCenter keeps telling to activate the prog while, when done, it says it is already active on this PC...

Can someone help?

After a major crash on this Dell workstation, I reinstalled everything with the recover-disks, incl Mc Afee (15 monhs suscription), part of the Dell's offering.

Since then, every day, it keeps me remembering to activate the programme within the next 10,9, 8... now I am on 5 days !

When I do, with my official email address- it says "already activated on this PC".... and the looping goes ons every day.

Any clue how to stop this ?

And what will happen within 5 days ?

Thanks a lot,

Anne

4 Replies
user_135799
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Re: McAfee SecurityCenter keeps telling to activate the prog while, when done, it says it is already active on this PC...

Check the date and time, if it is not correct, correct it and restart the computer.

What is the operating system you are having ? (Wndows XP/ Windows Vista / Windows 7)

What is the internet connection you are having ? (DSL / Dial-up / Cable /Wireless /Satellite)

follow the link below,

http://us.mcafee.com/apps/agent/tools/ts/ts_getemail_new.asp

it will show the email address

In your registration screen click the login button for login as existing user

put the email address following the above link and the corresponding password and then register

it will get registered.

Eskapet1
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Re: McAfee SecurityCenter keeps telling to activate the prog while, when done, it says it is already active on this PC...

Sorry, not a solution to me, but thanks for your answer.

I clicked on the link you suggested and it doesn't recognize my email address : perhaps normal as I use my OFFICIAL email address to register software, and another one in any forum.

And as I said : wen re-registring (with my OFFICIAL email address), the system tells me this computer is already activated.

Computer dat+time are correct.

My OS is Win7-64 bit.

My internet connection : ADSL through a router (LAN)

Thanks anyway,

Anne

Eskapet1
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Sorry, I also forgot to mention that the link in the home panel of McAfee SecurityCenter ("please active ate your suscription") doesn't work.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

Hi Eskapet1,

This is more of a subscription issue, I would recommend you to contact mcafee chat from here, as they would help you to find out your original subscription and help you in registering your subscriptions.

Regards,

Dinesh K

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community