cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PatPeter
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

McAfee SecurityCenter cannot install from DMSetup.exe

I have restarted my computer about 10 times or more today trying to install my internet security. I just renewed my subscription to McAfee SecurityCenter, logged in, downloaded DMSetup.exe, I am a Dell user running Windows XP Service Pack 3. I run the program, it downloads yet another installer, tells me to restart my computer.

I restart my computer, download yet another installation, it starts installing all the modules. It gets to about 1/8th of the installation bar and tells me:

McAfee Product Installation

SecurityCenter: Failed
VirusScan: Failed
Personal Firewall: Failed
Parental Controls: Failed
Anti-Spam: Failed
SiteAdvisor: Failed

And no, my internet security has not installed. I have tried using McAfee Virtual Technician, and have both by that program and manually cleared my DNS Cache, deleted all my temporary internet files, deleted my temporary folders, and I deleted the McAfee cookies in the process of deleting the temporary internet files (when I did it manually) before starting DMSetup.exe .

It simply will not install, does anyone know how I can fix this?
3 Replies
PatPeter
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee SecurityCenter cannot install from DMSetup.exe

I solved this by following both 2, 3, 4, and "5" in Ex_Brit's list (5 being downloading everything to the desktop):

http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=207002

I would suggest that upon failing to install, instead of McAfee saying:

"Try installing again"

It should say:

You can try:

• Removing all McAfee programs in Add or Remove Programs
  • Downloading MCPR.exe (this would have a link to download it)
  • Deleting you Application Data (this would have a link to the Application Data Folder(s))
  • Redownloading your software to your desktop afterwards

This would have saved me a great deal of strife, and would probably take a load off of your moderators (I have seen a LOT of posts with the same exact response in them).
Dennis_Allen
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Hi..

before reinstalling, try running first the McAfee removal Tool...
Dennis_Allen
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Ooops..

I was late.. :D:o

Glad it's fixed now..
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community