Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dibyansh2009
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

McAfee Security Centre is not working.

Jump to solution

Windows Defender keeps saying," McAfee Real-time scanning is turned off.", " McAfee Firewall is turned off." Also, when I open the McAfee Total Protection and try to run a scan, it gets stuck on a white screen. Same happens when I try to access its general settings. Most of its features (except File Lock) aren't working. I bought the subscription last year in October. I have also attached some screenshots of the app for your reference. Kindly respond.ScansScansHome ScreenHome ScreenReport errorReport error

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee Security Centre is not working.

Jump to solution

Hi @Dibyansh2009 

Thanks for the screenshots. Please let us know the McAfee version installed in the machine, Also try re installing the App  and let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

In case you need the correct reinstallation path

How to remove McAfee

Follow the MCPR after a reboot with

Preinstall Tool

Reinstall mcafee

Dibyansh2009
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Thank You!

I uninstalled McAfee using the MCPR tool, removed all registry files and paths using revo uninstaller, downloaded MalwareBytes free malware removal tool and ran it, which found 12 adwares.

After malware removal, I uninstalled MalwareBytes as running both McAfee and MalwareBytes may cause trouble. Then, I reinstalled McAfee and now it works properly!

Again, thanks to those who replied to my query!

3 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @Dibyansh2009 

Thanks for the screenshots. Please let us know the McAfee version installed in the machine, Also try re installing the App  and let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

In case you need the correct reinstallation path

How to remove McAfee

Follow the MCPR after a reboot with

Preinstall Tool

Reinstall mcafee

Dibyansh2009
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Thank You!

I uninstalled McAfee using the MCPR tool, removed all registry files and paths using revo uninstaller, downloaded MalwareBytes free malware removal tool and ran it, which found 12 adwares.

After malware removal, I uninstalled MalwareBytes as running both McAfee and MalwareBytes may cause trouble. Then, I reinstalled McAfee and now it works properly!

Again, thanks to those who replied to my query!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community