cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmoses94
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

McAfee Security Center won't work. When I click it, a white rectangle appears.

Hey, I just recently got a new computer (a week ago). It's the new Dell Inspiron 15R with 3rd Generation Core i5 Ivy Bridge graphics. I found similar threads with this problem and I was able to do the simple tests like checking if Internet Explorer is beta or not. I can assure you that my Internet Explorer is 9 and it's not beta (I went to Tools -> About). I also disabled all my add-ons, closed the brower and restarted it as well. My system is Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1. I think I might as well just delete this Anti-Virus and get Kaspersky or Trend Micro because they're actually worth the money. And I'm not required to have crappy Internet Explorer. Who still uses it? Right, nobody. But yeah, I need serious hel because I'm able to leave for college in about a week. I just downloaded the Virtual Technician and it's screen is blank. I've been waiting for 30 minutes for a live chat session and nobody has come. You know what? How about you guys just refund me and I can go with either of the two mentioned anti-virus programs. This is seriously unacceptable.

1 Reply
JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Re: McAfee Security Center won't work. When I click it, a white rectangle appears.

Hi nmoses94, 

A blank window is due to the script engine that is not functioning properly.

Verify Java is installed and up-to-date

If Java is not present, install it from http://www.java.com.

If Java is already installed

Try re-registering the Jscript & VBScript as shown:

1. Click Start and select the Search box.
  2. Type the following command and press ENTER:
    cmd
  3. Right-click command and select Open as Administrator.
  4. Type each of the following commands and press ENTER after each one. After each command has run, you see a success or failure message:

regsvr32 jscript.dll
regsvr32 vbscript.dll

regsvr32 scrrun.dll

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community