cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unife
Former Member
Message 1 of 20

McAfee Security Center unable to connect to Internet even though Internet works fine

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Since this morning my McAfee Security Center no longer connects to the internet:

mcafee.jpg

Moreover, service.mcafee.com cannot be reached either. My internet connection otherwise works fine. Any thoughts? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 20

Re: McAfee Security Center unable to connect to Internet even though Internet works fine

Jump to solution

The website is restored.

View solution in original post

19 Replies
misterp1969
Contributor
Message 2 of 20

Re: McAfee Security Center unable to connect to Internet even though Internet works fine

Jump to solution

You are not alone, since this morning 06 March, mine is doing the same, "No Internet connection", comes up when trying to update but internet is fine. I've tried the McAfee Virtual Technician and that doesn't help. I've tried the suggestions to turn off Access Protection and that doesn't work I've even disabled my Firewall and that still doesn't work.  I can't login to McAfee as an error comes up for the page so I am reluctant to uninstall and re-install it as I fear it won't be available.  Any helpers out there?Mcaffe screenshot.jpg

Message was edited by: misterp1969 on 06/03/14 03:49:13 CST
unife
Former Member
Message 3 of 20

Jump to solution

Hi Misterp, thanx for your reply. Yep, tried the same suggestions, no effect. I shall also refrain from uninstalling just yet.... Cheers

unife
Former Member
Message 4 of 20

Jump to solution

By the way: when I try to connect to home.mcafee.com I receive the following error:

mcafeeII.jpg

Strange, anybody know what that is about? How can one reach McAfee support when this site is inaccessible?

mrmadmp11
Former Member
Message 5 of 20

Jump to solution

Dito here, exactly the same problem, glad its not just my internet. I did not want to uninstall either.

I assume mcafee is working? And monitering my computer?

unife
Former Member
Message 6 of 20

Jump to solution

It would be awesome if McAfee were working on it right now

mrmadmp, can you reach service.mcafee.com?

fairplay123
Contributor II
Message 7 of 20

Jump to solution

Same here.  Claims no internet connection.

Case of bad error handling and messaging.  Obviously we have internet connections but lazy programming from MCAfee says no internet connection when it looks there own Anitvirus Update servers are down.......

Hmmm.....

No news from them either.

unife
Former Member
Message 8 of 20

Jump to solution

Thanks, Fairplay....we'll see....

unife
Former Member
Message 9 of 20

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Just checked on ' Is it down right now?'  (www.iidrn) and guess what, home.mcafee.com IS definitely down for everyone.....So I assume that we just need to sit tight and wait. At least it is also fair to assume for now that those afflicted by this error problem can rule out their own computers or software as causes for this problem.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 20

Jump to solution

There appears to be a problem with the support web pages, probably a failed server.   I've reported it.   I will email a contact I have in support and ask them to help in this thread.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community