cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_149132
Former Member
Message 1 of 21

McAfee Security Center keeps popping up

I've recently had to restore my computer, as I accidentally deleted something I shouldn't have. That problem was fixed by the restore, but I'm now having an issue with McAfee.

Every ten minutes or so the screen below will pop up and then close itself right away. It's not a big problem other than being horribly annoying, and my attempts to search for an answer to fix this issue have been fruitless.

The version of McAfee Security Center I'm using is 9.3
I've uninstalled and reinstalled it twice now to see if it fixed the problem, but it has not.
I've used the Virtual Technician as well, and it informed me that nothing was wrong.
On the second time uninstalling, I used MCPR in attempt to clean it up more, but it didn't change anything upon reinstalling again.

Labels (1)
20 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 21

RE: McAfee Security Center keeps popping up

System Restore always messes up McAfee, sometimes merely updating it cures that, but normally a full uninstall, cleanup using MCPR (linked in my signature and reboot, followed by a fresh install will cure the issues.

Did you use the cleanup tool?
user_149132
Former Member
Message 3 of 21

Yea, I've tried updating and uninstalling using the clean up tool. No luck.

Edit:

Actually, I haven't done a manual update, now that I think of it. It was just doing it automatically.
I just finished the update, so I'll wait a few minutes to see if it pops up again.

Edit again:

Didn't work.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 21

Oh dear, that is certainly unusual. Let me consult with my peers on this.

Just saw your amended post...let me know how it goes.
user_149132
Former Member
Message 5 of 21

Alright. Thank you very much for the help!
user_149132
Former Member
Message 6 of 21

Attempted uninstalling and reinstalling with MCPR again after I updated manually. Still popping up.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 21

OK let me ask my colleagues, but as it is Friday and a holiday weekend in the US you might want to double your chances by contacting online Technical Support Chat, linked at top left of this page or in my signature. They can escalate this to a higher level if necessary.
user_149132
Former Member
Message 8 of 21

Thanks again for all your help. I appreciate it. I'll try the Technical Support Chat, and post back here if it has been resolved or not.
user_149132
Former Member
Message 9 of 21

Spent over three hours with customer support today, and spoke to three people. None of them could figure out what my problem was, so a higher level of support should be contacting me in the near future.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 21

Well; good luck. I'm still hoping someone here will have an idea.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community