cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
13nickels
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

McAfee Firewall shuts down

I have been receiving a warning that my computer may be at risk. When I click on it, I am told that the firewall has been turned off. I can click on it to turn it on and then I receive a message that my security is OK and the firewall is on. This has been happening for the past two or three montrhs and have had McAfee techs try to resolve it. The Tier 2 techs have made some changes to my computer and run many different scans. They never turn up anything. I have had McAfee Internet Security reinstalled twice already but nothing seems to work. I am running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and use both IE7 and Firefox. I have been told that my computer is infected and that it would cost hundreds of dollars to have it cleaned out. Who do I trust?

8 Replies
nehalreads
Former Member
Message 2 of 9

Re: McAfee Firewall shuts down

Hi 13nickels,

I have send you a private message asking for some detail's. Kindly provide me the requested information and i will take care of your issue.

13nickels
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

Whkat further information do you need to solve my problem?

nehalreads
Former Member
Message 4 of 9

Hi 13nickels,

As discussed through phone. Please let me know your best time and day that we can call you to fix the issue with McAfee firewall.

karthiks
Former Member
Message 5 of 9

13nickels,

Try the steps given in the thread HERE

Observe the McAfee and update the outcome

13nickels
Former Member
Message 6 of 9

Nehal,

The info you gave me was to correct the problem if the firewall remains shutdown. However, it is the constant warnings that state "your computer may be in danger" that keep coming up. In each case, I am able to turn on the firewall and then it is OK. I want to know how to prevent the warnings from popping up every time I go on to the internet. There must be something on my computer that can be deleted in order to stop the warnings. Your techs have already run Virtual Technician, getsusp, windows defender and re-installed McAfee Internet Security two times. What procedure can I perform to eliminate the threat???

karthiks
Former Member
Message 7 of 9

Did you follow the steps given in the thread that I have posted above

13nickels
Former Member
Message 8 of 9

The steps given in your link SPECIFICALLY STATE that it is to be used when the firewall is OFF. However, since I am able to turn on the firewall, I did not follow the procedure. It states that if the McAfee screen shows that all protection is on, then the problem is solved. However, the green OK screen comes on after I turn the firewall on. It is the continuous pop up that is the problem. The pop up states that my computer may be at risk. It DOES allow me to turn on the firewall, so following your steps would not be necessary. I guess I will just have to live with this continuing pop up since McAfee seems unable to eliminate it.

karthiks
Former Member
Message 9 of 9

In the given link there are many McAfee firewall dll files, it’s good to reregister the files even though you are able to turn on the firewall. There are possibilities it can also prevent the firewall off errors after reregistering the files.

In the given link do not try the registry modification steps, try only the dll reregistering steps. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community