cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdrew50
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

McAfee Blocking Windows 7 Homegroup

I am trying to connect wirelessly to another printer that is connected to a computer on my same network and in order to do so I have to join the homegroup of that computer which will allow me to share the printer. When I look to add a homegroup it says "There is currently no homegroup on the network" and I try to troubleshoot why my computer cannot find the homegroup and it says that it is possible the my firewall service (from McAfee) could be blocking my computer's ability to see the homegroup on my same network because McAfee isn't made by Microsoft, which allows firewalls to work with homegroups. What can I do to my McAfee firewall so that my computer can see the homegroup on my network?

1 Reply
Aldrin
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Re: McAfee Blocking Windows 7 Homegroup

No worries, please try the following and let me know the status:

Open McAfee Security Center> Click on Firewall> Settings> Connections> Add your Wireless Printer & the other computer's IP Address over there> Select security level as Home> Click ok Ok. Reboot the computer and try sharing the printer. That should work....

Connections.JPG

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community