cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_153650
Former Member
Message 21 of 33

Re: McAfee Anti Virus Plus Problems?

I replied to Selvan's post on 8/19, #17 above.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 22 of 33

Sorry so you did, my fault for speed reading.

I'll email Selvan and ask him about this.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 24/08/13 8:01:22 EDT AM
user_153650
Former Member
Message 23 of 33

Thank you, Ex_Brit.

My latest attempt to install Anti Virus Plus once again did not work.  Everything downloads with no problem, but, as usual, it fails to install.  In going through some old e-mail, I found that this problem goes back to July 5th, when I believe there was a Security Center and/or Firewall update.  That  time the online support chat person was able to get it to install, but the problem began re-occuring @ the end of July,/early August. I hope you can understand my frustration @ this point . . .

'Liz Beth

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 24 of 33

I quite understand and I did email my contacts for help here.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 25 of 33

LizBeth Can you post here the Service Request number that you received from Tier 2 Tech so that I can Review the steps done by my Tech and proceed further applying advanced troubleshooting steps. This will also help me pull up your records in our database.

Thanks & Regards

user_153650
Former Member
Message 26 of 33

Thank you Selvan.

My most recent (8/14) SRN is  484570-1191946111, as stated in message #13, above.

Prior to that, on Aug. 6th, my SRN was 1187494665.  On July 5th,  my SRN was 1191946111.

I hope this helps . . . each time I could download, but not install, VS Plus.  I currently have no McAfee products installed except for Site Advisor.

'LizBeth

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 27 of 33

Lizbeth,

Is it okay If I give you a call tomorrow at your preferred time so that I may assist you further in fixing this issue.

Regards

user_153650
Former Member
Message 28 of 33

Selvan,

Thank you for your reply.  You may contact me anytime after 4pm EDT (which I believe is -5.00 GMT).  I share this computer w/my husband, so If I need to be online when you call, please call after 8pm EDT.

'LizBeth

user_153650
Former Member
Message 29 of 33

Hi Ex_Brit,

Just an update for you . . .

Selvan has been very diligent and persevering in trying to help me, but after countless hours of online phone support and numerous messages back and forth, my problem remains unresolved.  As a result, he is assisting me in getting a refund for my AV Plus subscription, as I have not been able to use it effectively since July 5th.

Thank you again for your assistance; it was much appreciated.

Best Wishes,

'LizBeth

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 30 of 33

Hi 'Lizbeth,

Well I'm sorry that it hasn't worked out for you, and wish you all the best in the future.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community