Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_153650
Former Member
Message 11 of 33

Re: McAfee Anti Virus Plus Problems?

Hi Ex_Brit,

Well, I'm beginning to wonder re: support . . . so far they haven't done much. 

Thank you though, for the assistance you have provided, and for letting me know where to find this discussion in the future. 

'LizBeth

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 33

Did you ask them to escalate the issue?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 33

I'll ask my contact in support to tke a look in here if you like.  Do you have a support case ID number ?  If so post it please.

user_153650
Former Member
Message 14 of 33

Thank you, Ex_Brit; that would be great! 

My SRN is  484570-1191946111.

'LizBeth

Message was edited by: 'LizBeth on 8/17/13 9:17:58 PM EDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 33

OK I've sent a reminder to my contact.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 16 of 33

Hi LizBeth,

Kindly provide the below details so that I may assist you with the correct Troubleshooting steps.

McAfee Version:

Network connection type:

Current DAT version where you're unable to update:

Did McAfee Virtual Technician show any error messages?

Regards

user_153650
Former Member
Message 17 of 33

Thank you, Ex_Brit.

user_153650
Former Member
Message 18 of 33

Hi Selvan,

The last time I (temporarily) had a working McAfee AntiVirus Plus was on 8/2 and 8/6, but both only for a day or so.

I've uninstalled and tried to reinstall my Virus Scan Plus @ least 6 times since then, all to no avail.  The last 2 times, either I or a tech phone support person ran the VCF tool, in addition to the MCPR and Preinstall tools.  I've also done a "clean boot" twice.  The 1st time, the re-install didn't work.  I haven't tried it after the 2nd time, as I'm pretty frustrated @ this point.

I was able to successfully install Site Advisor after the 2nd "clean boot" (via separate download on 817)); it is working.

The Tier 2 Technical support person (Mohammed Noor) has left me a voice mail and has e-mailed me; I've updated him twice (via e-mail), both times with no reply.

I connect to the internet via cable modem.

I've also run MVT numerous times throught this whole process . . . most of the error results I rec'd were either Artemis server issues or that my Security Center was out of date.  The last 2 times I ran it, it didn't even give me a message, or session ID#.

When I download the program from My Account, it will download, but will NOT install.

Any help/suggestions you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

'LizBeth

user_153650
Former Member
Message 19 of 33

It is now August 24th.  No help, no reply, no nothing, from anywhere.

I've been a loyal McAfee customer for 10 years, but I've been w/out a working McAfee subscription since August 2,4, 6, take your pick.

I'm giving this 1 more try  . . . and if that doesn't work,  then adíos McAfee.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 20 of 33

I still don't see your answer to Selvan (post #15 above) - do you want him to help you or what?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community