cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brian123
Former Member
Message 71 of 81

Re: McAfee 32 bit helper has stopped working-Need HELP!

Jump to solution

In Win7 I was able to uninstall Flash from Programs/Features in the Control Panel, and my search for Flash objects in that OS didn't reveal 9 objects each for the player and ActiveX control in various containers as it does in Win8.

I appreciate your desire to help, Nehal, but it would make more sense for tech support from this point forward to add whatever identifying device information they need (IP address, McAfee license number, computer name, etc) from each user reporting the problem and create a target group for fixing this issue via patching.  Why was I previously told by Peacekeeper to contact tech support, but now someone in the forum who I don't know from Adam, listed as Tier 2 Support, is telling me to contact him directly?  Please get in touch with Lasksmi B, along with whomever else is handling chat support, and let me know when your staff arrives at an agreement, allowing for resolution through the standard tech support contact option.  This would save your staff and customers an extraordinary amount of time and trouble.  Thank you.

drepack
Former Member
Message 72 of 81

Jump to solution

Brian123 and all,

I had the exact same concern about Nehal, but he is legitimate!  He is knowledgeable and polite, and fixed the problem on my mother's computer.  I was remoted into her computer the entire time and watched what he was doing. 

Nehal, you need to get that "official badge" to show that you really ARE Tier 2 support, and not just someone out wanting to log into people's computers to do harm.

nehalreads
Former Member
Message 73 of 81

Jump to solution

brian123

From the customer point of view,i completely understand. Peacekeeper informed you to contact Tech support.But , when i found a issue which i resolved a day back ; forced me to ask you like that. Please accept my sincere apologies.

drepack

Thanks for the advice. I have send the filled form to my higher level team to get the badge.

brian123
Former Member
Message 74 of 81

Jump to solution

Understood, drepack and Nehal.  It's not that I'm questioning credentials, but speaking in the best interests of the time and efforts of both McAfee staff and customers, as I'm sure a lot of people who contact tech support on this matter have no awareness of the community forum at all, and it's clear that not all tech support are privy to the solution based on my experience..  As a Computer Operator, I found that meetings were generally a waste, but it looks like one is warranted in this case.  Thank you, Nehal, for your attention to this matter.  I do appreciate it.

uwe-dembski
Former Member
Message 75 of 81

Jump to solution

Problem seems to be resolved.

Today there was an important windows update from microsoft regarding flash player.

After installing and restarting computer I tried to make a manual update of the McAfee total protection suite.

No error in Microsoft event viewer.

Can anyone confirm this?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 76 of 81

Jump to solution

Do you have the KB number...should show in installed updates?

uwe-dembski
Former Member
Message 77 of 81

Jump to solution

It is:

KB 2819372

Update für Internet Explorer Flash Player unter Windows 8 für x64-basierte Systeme (KB2819372)

Installationsdatum: ‎27.‎02.‎2013 14:28

Installationsstatus: Erfolgreich

Updatetyp: Wichtig

Dieses Update behebt das Sicherheitsrisiko, das in den Microsoft-Sicherheitsempfehlungen beschrieben ist (KB2819372). Es wurden Sicherheitslücken entdeckt, durch die ein Angreifer in ein Computersystem mit Internet Explorer Flash Player unter Windows 8 eindringen und die Steuerung übernehmen könnte. Durch die Installation dieses Updates von Microsoft können Sie Ihren Computer schützen. Nach der Installation dieser Komponente müssen Sie den Computer möglicherweise neu starten.

Weitere Informationen:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=264959

Hilfe und Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 78 of 81

Jump to solution

Thanks, that one just arrived here along with KB2794599.

karthiks
Former Member
Message 79 of 81

Jump to solution

It’s good news though

brian123
Former Member
Message 80 of 81

Jump to solution

I can confirm that the Helper crash is no longer an issue after several manual and automatic updates.  I'd re-imaged my PC a day before Uwe's most recent update, so I thought at first that deciding not to tinker with firewall bloatware app blocking and default IE settings made the difference, but it may very well have been the most recent Flash update.  Thanks, again, to everyone who contributed and worked toward resolution.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community