cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wonder93
Former Member
Message 1 of 11

McAfee 2014 Installation - "download and install the latest version" option not show

Hi;

When installing McAfee Total Protection 2014, in some cases, the option "download and install the latest version ... " is not displayed.

Why?

How it can be activated (made ​​visible)?

10 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 11

Re: McAfee 2014 Installation - "download and install the latest version" option not show

The installer always installs the latest available version anyway as it goes online to check.

You are posting in MAC Products, di you mean it be here?

wonder93
Former Member
Message 3 of 11

Re: McAfee 2014 Installation - "download and install the latest version" option not show

Sorry, I thought the MAC words McAfee, I thought wrong.

I was the goal of McAfee on Windows.

Is it possible to transfer my discussion to the forum?

Thank you

wonder93
Former Member
Message 4 of 11

Transfer to a related forum
Is possible?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 11

Moved.   Do you need more information?

wonder93
Former Member
Message 6 of 11

Yes, of course.

I have to buy McAfee software CD.
When installing, install one of the windows (see below), the option titled "" there. I want to deselect this option during installation.

Pic 01.jpg

Unfortunately, in some systems (desktops, laptops etc), this option is not shown (see below), if I'm willing to install the software from the CD, not installed and download the update.

Pic 02.jpg

I do not understand why this happens is that this option is not displayed.

Where is the problem? To fix this problem, and show how these options can be done?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 11

The second picture is simply a newer interface which already includes that line by default...see the 1st line reads  "McAfee will download........."

Not sure why that is, could be the operating system but Technical Support would be the best people to ask.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 11

Hi wonder93,

I would strongly recommend to download and Install the latest updates in order to stay protected from the latest threats. I assume that you are using the CD build to install McAfee. Also did you try downloading and Installing McAfee from your Online account instead of CD. If not try that and see if you are getting this option..!

wonder93
Former Member
Message 9 of 11

Hi Chinthanai Selvan P;

I do not want the installation to get the latest updates. That's why I got the CD!
I first installed the software from the CD, I'll update it then.
But the problem is that the option "Download and install the latest version of ..." (as seen in the picture) Sometimes (often reinstall Windows) is not shown and is the default installer to be updated! (Not user choice)
Is this a technical problem in designing installer? Or a software problem in Windows?

Message was edited by: wonder93 on 6/4/14 2:05:52 PM CDT
wonder93
Former Member
Message 10 of 11

Setting Mcafee is forst to update.
Why?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community