Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukhan
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

MVT shows the same problems even after Fixing and restarting PC

Hello,

I am trying to download McAfee but don't get a download button. The provider told me to run MVT to resolve some basic problems and the same I did. Most of the problems are solved, but still I cannot download my McAfee. I run again MVT and found the below errors:

Results: Problem(s) found.

McAfee Virtual Technician can fix these problems

1. VBSCRPT.DLL or JSCRIPT.DLL is corrupt
  2. Ref# 1142849: Update trusted Microsoft certificates. Restart reburied after MVT completes.
  3. Clear temporary internet files
  4. Clear DNA cache

McAfee Virtual Technician cannot fix these problems

1. Clear the temporary folders

For the first four errors, I run Fix and MVT did fix all the first four errors. For the 5th, I clear the temporary folders manually (Win+R => %temp% => and deleted all files). 

Then I restart my PC and again run MVT to just conform; but again, MVT shows the same errors. I fix several times these errors and then restart computer. After every restart I again run MVT and it gives the same errors that were apparently fixed previously. 

Thank you very much for any help you can offer!

2 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 3

Re: MVT shows the same problems even after Fixing and restarting PC

Best to contact support for your country

here

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 3

Re: MVT shows the same problems even after Fixing and restarting PC

Hi @ukhan 

Could you try using a different web browser and see if you can download McAfee?

Visit the below link to get access to your McAfee Account Dashboard and start downloading the installer

https://home.mcafee.com

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community