cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goalsurfer
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Looking for updates disturbs everything

It's seven to nine in the evening now and the little mill in the mcafee icon is still turning and preventing me from some hours of peacefull surfing.

This the mcafee protection program does everyday from the morning till the afternoon.  Today it appears to have some extra work as it is still busy.

During that time it is impossible to surf on a normal tempo. 

My C disk is full for about 50%.

I wonder if in that case there can be problems with the virtual memory.

When I came home with the program and installed it, there were no problems.

On a certain day I got an email from your services in which you asked me if I was interested in speeding up my computer.

As I had no problems at all until then  I didn't reply that email.  After that my system  delayed during the program's activities.

If anyone of you tries to foolish or block me or worse I put a complain against this product.

Ce message a été modifié par: goalsurfer on 13/07/12 14:13:36 CDT
1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: Looking for updates disturbs everything

Hi,

An email?   Probably spam, what was the email about and did you click anything in it?

This sounds more like a problem with the connection.  How do you connect to the Internet, broadband, DSL or dial-up?

How much installed memory is there, (RAM) ?  What is your operating system and service pack?

Try running the Virtual Technician first to see if it fixes anything: http://mvt.mcafee.com/

Normally I would suggest you contact Technical Support by phone or online chat but they are closed for the weekend in your area.

(Linked under Useful Links at the top of this page, it's free of charge).

If the above doesn't help then try the long method by uninstalling everything via Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program (Vista/Windows 7), Add or Remove Programs (XP)

Run the MCPR cleanup tool listed under Useful Links at the top of the page, reboot and then reinstall from your online account.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 14/07/12 7:11:44 EDT AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community