cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Siro
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

List of Fixes in Security Center 9.3

I would be interested to know about the list of fixes in the security center v9.3 and any link to it would be highly welcomed.
9 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 10

RE: List of Fixes in Security Center 9.3

There isn't one and they never release one even to us, sorry.

All I can say is various tweaks and the introduction of "Active Protection" where VirusScan dials home for reference if it encounters something unknown, before sending up a warning.

The next year's model may do away with Systemguards (we all hope) & may allow selection of areas to scan using autoscan (we've been asking for years, ever since VirusScan 7), also may allow you to ignore a detection (another thing we've been asking for, for years), but that's all we know.
Siro
Former Member
Message 3 of 10

Thank you for the prompt reply and are there any performance improvements in general as compared to v 9.0?
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 10

I honestly can't say as I haven't run any scans recently. I haven't heard anything on that from anyone else either. I don't think so.
Siro
Former Member
Message 5 of 10

I do feel that the latest version 9.3 does offer a lighter memory footprint as opposed to originally when I installed it a few days ago and seems so much responsive and does not seem to slowdown the PC and has awesome scanning speeds. It is nice to see a major change in performance overhaul from the version I used 2 years ago which had a lot of problems and caused my Windows installation to crash every now and then. Hats of to the guys for pulling of a remarkable product.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 10

I'm sure they'll be glad to hear that. happy
DaGopha
Former Member
Message 7 of 10

As SC 9.3 users, would you mind letting me know whether you're seeing a blank About screen in SC as per my post: I'd like to know if a hokey update is doing the rounds or what...?!

http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/showthread.php?t=229113

Cheers,
Goph
Gorg
Former Member
Message 8 of 10

I'm slowly becoming a convert from Norton. I still have 255 days left on my Norton Internet Security 2009 subscription.

There seems to be a paradigm shift in terms of what McAfee is detecting and what Norton ISN'T. There are a few things Norton is doing that are next generation and I hope McAfee takes a few cues from them.

Namely, NIS 2009 only takes up 8 megs of memory. And I LOVE the system idle time tasks, like scanning when you are away from the PC and doing all the other things it does in the background while away.

I haven't bought McAfee YET, but I am using it actively for the trial. There are some things that seem progressive, and yet for some reason McAfee FEELS old. I can't quite put my finger on it, but maybe the presentation and look of it just seems outdated.

Norton is slick and presented very nice, and shows everything at a glance without having to drive down through tabs or buttons.

If McAfee can nail down the memory footprint, and re-design the interface to be more user friendly, and keep up the detection rate, I think they would dominate the field.

McAfee if you're reading this, please get a copy of NIS2009 and take a look at it, although I'm sure you guys have already picked it apart. I want Norton's interface with McAfee's name on it happy Well, you know what I mean.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 10

I am positive that they have copies of all the leading protection suites. They are aware of the footprint issue and I believe Sec. Center 10 may be better in that regard.
DaGopha
Former Member
Message 10 of 10

I reckon McAfee's always been on the ball when it comes down to the footprint and system resources. Speaking from experience, even on low-powered machines, it's sufficiently adept to keep things moving without impacting your work...
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community