Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vepe
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

License expired after 3 month

Hello,

In January this year I bought a 3 PC version, and installed one license on my VAIO laptop, I had to deinstall the old version and install the new 3 PC version. McAfee tells me now on this laptop, the device has expired for 68 days. If I go into my account on your home, this subscription runs out in January next year.

On the McAfee homepage it saysthat I've taken one of three licenses, on the Vaio. On the PC, I will still install the second license before May. The third license is for the PC of my husband. Since his subscription runs until next year, I will probably not need it.

So why my Vaio laptop is not protected? In my account I can not see on which PCs the one license is installed. I'm sure I installed it only on the Vaio laptop, since the PC is still protected until May.

What should I do?

Best regards
Ingrid

7 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Re: License expired after 3 month

Probably remnants remain of the old suite.  Uninstall all McAfee via Control Panel in the normal manner, then run the MCPR cleanup tool to get rid of all the leftovers and reboot.  Reinstall your product from your online account.

vepe
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

Hi,

Thank you. My license is valid again. I'll see for how long Meanwhile I got really fast in deinstalling, cleaning and reinstalling...

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

If you do have any problems call or use the online chat to reach Customer Service..

http://service.mcafee.com/CustomerService.aspx?lc=1033&sg=CS&pt=1

vepe
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

I tried to reach the support several times. I installed the required test and repair software. But evem after that, I could not get in touch with tje support. On the page, where you can choose chat or mail, it was not possible to activate one or the other. It is not the first time, that I cannot get support.

I am very disappointed about McAfee. But I love this forum, because here you get help very quickly. Thank you so much.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

That's probably because they were closed.  try during normal office hours today.

Don't use email option as it's very slow.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 02/04/12 7:20:58 EDT AM
vepe
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Do they close mail at night? Fact is, they are not reachable, when I need them, even not by mail. That's embarrassing for McAfee.

Thank you for your fast answers.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

You could tell them that.  Our records show you are in France so here is Customer Service phone number:

Si vous voulez vous entretenir avec un de nos representants du Service Clientele, veuillez appeler au: 01 70200008.

Délai d’attente estimé : 10-30 minutes

Heures d’ouverture : 09.00-18.00 local, Lundi à vendredi

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community