Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deathstalker
Former Member
Message 11 of 14

Re: Latest McAfee SC is prompting Location Activity

Jump to solution

Yeah, a promise to help is good enough. I'm sure you can eventually get ahold of someone on the tech team like always.

Thanks.

deathstalker
Former Member
Message 12 of 14

Jump to solution

Anyway, is there other means of contacting tech support aside from phone calls? I'd rather have a browser-based live/web chat kinda service than a phone chat. I've had very bad experiences with phone calls so I'd rather avoid it, not that I'm too arrogant not to seek professional help.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 14

Jump to solution

Tech Support is via phone or online chat, your choice.  Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 14

Jump to solution

Cloud Service Platform synchs subscription details across devices so location is part of that by default.  Depending on your suite parts of the software are particularly directed at mobile devices and location for those is essential otherwise a stolen device (for instance) would not be locatable and the subscriber wouldn't be able to lock it or wipe it.

If you have Live Safe, All Access or even Total Protection, Antivirus Plus etc. location is part of the equation whether you like it or not as this is security software designed to protect all the devices it supports, some being mobile.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community