Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KJIsaacson
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Join 2 different managed networks?

Total Protection 2009

Is it possible to join two different managed networks, both of which are "managed" by different computers?

What I mean is this:

At my office, I have two computers, my desktop and my notebook. I want my desktop to be the administrator, and I want my notebook to join that network. I'd like only those two computers to show up on the network map.

At home, I have a desktop. And, I bring my notebook home. There, I want my notebook to be the administrator, and I want only those two computers to show up on THAT network map.

Can this be done?

Thanks.

Ken Isaacson
SILENT COUNSEL, a legal thriller
www.KenIsaacson.com
1 Reply
apullat
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Yes

To help you do this, let's assume you need to start from scratch (use the tool found here: http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=307302&lc=1033&partner=McAfee&type=TS&ia=1). Clean up all three machines involved.

On your Office Network:
a) Trust the network first with your Desktop.
b) Trust the network next with your Notebook.
c) Choose to manage the notebook from your Desktop - give it whatever permissions you wish.

On your Home Network: (Do NOT run the cleanup tool again on the notebook as you will lose information about the office network)
a) Clean up the Home Desktop.
b) Trust the network first on the Notebook.
c) Trust the network next on the Desktop.
d) Use the Notebook to manage the Desktop.

This should do the job.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community