Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
megaman657
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Javascript problem with Mcafee products

Hi,

Hoping someon can help.

My Mcafee total protection no longer seems to be working properly.  I just get a blank screen when I click on it, and the same thing goes when trying to use mcafee virtual technician.

One of the error messages I have recieved talks about javascript not being enabled on my PC.  From reading other postings, the recommendation seems to be to log into the command prompt as an administrator and to type "regsvr32jscript.dll" and press enter.  All the postings I've read mention that you recieve a message confirming that this command has been successful.  However, I am not recieving such a message when trying to input the command, instead I recieve the message "regsvr32jscript.dll is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file".

I hoping someone has an answer as to how to get round this problem.  I apologise in advance if there is some simple mistake that I have been making - I'm by no means a computer expert, and I would appreciate any help with this problem.

In case it matters, my PC is running windows vista.

Thanks in advance

on 9/15/11 1:21:50 PM CDT
5 Replies
srajagopalan
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Re: Javascript problem with Mcafee products

Hi,

Try the below steps:

• Click on Start button , Under Start Search  type "cmd" and once the Command Prompt appears in the top of the start menu , Make a right click on it and select "Run as administrator"
  • Now to register the Javascript file Type the following command without quotes "regsvr32 jscript.dll"  (Note: There should be space between regsvr32 and jscript.dll , without spaces will generate error).
  • To Register the vbscript file type "regsvr32 vbscript.dll"
  • Now open the McAfee and check the status. If its still blank Goto the Control Panel --> Programs & Features and Remove the Java Runtime Environment and Reinstall it from the below link
  • http://java.com/en/download/inc/windows_upgrade_ie.jsp
  • Once the installation completes , Restart the Machine and check with the McAfee Total Protection.

Regards,

Raja Gopalan S

megaman657
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for that.  I have followed these steps all the way through, but unfortunatly Total Protection is still coming up as a blank screen.  Have you got any further suggestions?

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Apologies. I added a reply which duplicated the advice given by srajagopalan in his reply.

That message has been deleted.

Ex_Brit and Peacekeeper will probably be able to suggest a fix for this, as I'm sure the problem has occurred before.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Hi megaman657,

Please let us know some of the below information;

Open Internet explorer – click on Tools – Click on Windows Update and install any available update from the site

In internet explorer – click on Help and click on About Internet explorer and let us know Version - & cipher strength

Regards,

alex_n
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

Megaman,

Since loading the dll's (j and vb) didnt worked out, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling MTP from your account on Mfe website?

It may sound simple but..

maybe you already tried that.?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community