cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 21 of 33

Re: Issues with SecurityCenter

Ok got it for the techs and the mods to discuss. This a new 1 on me.

drmabuse
Former Member
Message 22 of 33

I'm puzzled too. Re-installing usually does the trick.

The chat technician was able to replicate all the above mentioned issues.

When he couldn't fix it, he asked me to schedule a call with a senior tech. This call will happen tomorrow evening Beijing time as I'm in China right now.

Gene
Former Member
Message 23 of 33

drmabuse -- Since I didn't use chat, I don't know what the technician did, but it couldn't hurt to download the installer manually and run it.

The installer first announced that it would remove the old version, which took several minutes. Then it rebooted my machine. After the system came back up, the installer downloaded the needed files and reinstalled. It took a significant amount of time -- about a half hour -- to complete the reinstall.

drmabuse
Former Member
Message 24 of 33

H Gene,

thanks for trying to help.

Here a summary of what I did:

- I followed Peacekeeper's instructions

- i followed the instructions here: https://community.mcafee.com/message/150128#150128

- i followed the instructions here: https://community.mcafee.com/message/140073#140073

- uninstalled Java and re-installed McAfee

- uninstalled IE9 and re-installed McAfee

- replaced MS XML core services SP2 with SP3 and re-installed McAfee

- had a McAfee technician access my computer and re-install McAfee various ways around 4 times (I think the name of the technician was Sammath Pra..)

- i followed another links instruction (can't find it anymore) which addressed the problem that after McAfee downloaded updates it shows a box which I can't click away either..

- ran various online scans since i read somewhere it could be a trojan

- installed spyware doctor and did a full scan

- installed spybot search&destroy and ran a full scan

so far nothing worked.. in addition to the issues in my post, I can't remove programs from 'firewall - settings - internet connections for programs since the 'delete button' won't work.

Let's see what tomorrow's call will bring...

Peacekeeper
Message 25 of 33

Agreed let me have the SR number of that call and what result was so I can update our call details on Monday US time

Peacekeeper
Message 26 of 33

Try update issue should be fixed

drmabuse
Former Member
Message 27 of 33

Nope.. Updated and restarted the computer..

- Clicking about still shows an empty white box

- still can't delete programs from 'firewall - settings - internet connections for programs' the "yes" in the Program permissions box won't work

- virtual technician still won't work

pepebetomexico
Contributor
Message 28 of 33

Hi:

I've been reading for a couple of days now this discussion. I've encountered some of the same problems.

Found a blank screen whenever tried to oper McAfee SecurityCenter. I just bought an HP Pavillion, Windows 7. I installed McAfee after deleting Norton and it worked allright. Then I updated Internet Explorer to version 9 (it wasn't beta) and for 2 weeks it worked but then last friday the blank screen appeared. I tried the McAfee Virtual Technician and everything was ok. I wrote to the techs at the latinamerican division and they replied on last saturday.

The instructions were to remove IE9 and go to version 8. Did that and nothing happened. Then they told me to remove from control panel but whenever I tried uninstall the blank screen appeared again. I used the MCPR then install it again from my account and I still have the blank screen. I don't even want to use other computers at home in case McAfee crashes.

Any ideas?

Peacekeeper
Message 29 of 33

Just repeated what we were told maybe it takes time for the fix to arrive. Are you get your Mcafee from mcafee or a partner ie your isp?

drmabuse
Former Member
Message 30 of 33

Let's hope they fix is soon. I have been using McAfee for several years now. I first got it through my email service provider. www.web.de German outfit which provides next to email several other messaging services including fax/sms/and a phone number with a voice mailbox and fax..

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community