cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjj111jjj
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Internet Access Stops after 1-2days

I have a very strange problem.  I installed the Total Protection package 3 pack.  Everything works fine.  However, in 1-2 days, I lose my Internet access.  As soon as I reboot, the Internet access comes back and works fine - until another 1-2 days.  The problem started only after I installed the McAfee suite.  I am guessing it has to do with the firewall.  Anyone ever see this problem?

3 Replies
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Internet Access Stops after 1-2days

Can you tell us what type of operating system you have? Windows 7, XP, Vista

How do you connect to the internet? DSL, Cable,  Dial Up

Did you previously have any security software installed prior to McAfee?

Did you ever have any virus or malware issues in your computer?

You could try to run the McAfee Virtual Technician found at the top of this page under Useful Links in the Technical Support link. MVT will scan your computer for any McAfee related issues and if it finds any it will attempt to fix them.

Let us know so we can continue to trouble shoot

jjj111jjj
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

• Running Vista Home
  • Have Verizon FIOS - hard wired into the wall jack (not wireless)
  • Used to have CA Antivirus Suite
  • Never had virus or malware

Never had problems before.  Have this problem ever since I installed McAfee.  It seems like it is blocking the IP Address and once it reboots, it allows it to connect.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

The web is littered with similar issues and a quick read of a few mostly lays the blame with the operating system and the way it handles connections, and secondly blames router settings whereby the router runs out of web addresses and has to refresh.   This can occur if you are a heavy downloader.

McAfee may merely be the catalyst in this.

I recommend you try Technical Support Chat in this instance and ask for escalation if necessary.

Check Useful Links at the top of the page. 

EDIT:  I trust this is Vista SP2?  If not please read THIS and for help getting up to date read THIS.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 05/09/10 9:37:05 EDT AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community