Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wixey
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Intermittent Issues with New Blue Interface

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago my McAfee Security Center updated to version 16.0.5 and now has the new blue interface. Everything worked normally until a couple of days ago. Since then, for no apparent reason, the interface icons no longer respond when clicked on, and the Notification/Bell panel no longer updates itself after a scan is run, update check, etc. The only icon that responds is "View Report". Running a manual check for updates by right-clicking the McAfee icon in the icon tray and then rebooting seems to fix things, but this is only a temporary workaround. MVT doesn't detect any issues. Is this a known problem with the newer interface or is this something that needs to be reported to Tech Support? It looks as though all the main components are running but something is preventing the interface from functioning normally.

18 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 19

Re: Intermittent Issues with New Blue Interface

I've had that happen a few times.  A complete restart of the machines cured it

Is this Windows 10 by any chance?

wixey
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Hi exbrit,

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. If it's a documented fault I'm hoping it will get patched fairly soon as it's awkward having to reboot to get it working.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 19

Yes, I know.   It'll get sorted out eventually.

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 19

I suppose you have not tried a full uninstall reinstall of the product. . It is possible that the update did not work properly.

Uninstall Mcafee software

I will however ask in our mod call next Monday if support has seen this much.

Korgman
Contributor III
Message 6 of 19

Had this happen too on Win7 x64, same SC version.

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 19

Ok will ask in our call

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 19

Someone will post to this thread and ask you questions. BTW have you a pic of the issue.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 19

Hi

Please help us with a picture so that we can have a better understanding of the issue

wixey
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Hi Selvan,

I can't offer a picture at the moment as the issue hasn't returned since I started this topic. A picture might not help much with this issue as when the issue does arise the interface looks normal, but the icons along the bottom of the interface don't respond and don't open a new window when clicked on.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community