cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepeshk79
Former Member
Message 1 of 16

Installation Incomplete we couldnt install any of the security features included with your Software

Jump to solution

Hi Karthik/Brit - even i have the same problem - I tried installing McAfee multiple times but it gave me the same error, I even tried running Stinger and MVT but nothing worked. I have three licenses for my three laptops but only in one laptop im having this issue.

The error is

Installation Incomplete we couldnt install any of the security features included with your Software

Please help.

Thanks,

Deepesh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
karthiks
Former Member
Message 15 of 16

Re: Installation Incomplete we couldnt install any of the security features included with your Software

Jump to solution

It’s my pleasure too, problem was with the Microsoft visual C++ redistributable  traces. I removed it and reinstalled the latest one helped it to solve the problem. Glad you are OK.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
karthiks
Former Member
Message 2 of 16

Re: Installation Incomplete we couldnt install any of the security features included with your Software

Jump to solution

deepeshk79,

Please get me the following details

What is the type of Operating system you are using ? Windows 7 / 8 / Vista / XP

What is the type of internet connection ? DSL / Cable / Wireless

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 16

Jump to solution

Mate Karthiks is trying to help  and if it is what I think the issue is he has the fix.

deepeshk79
Former Member
Message 4 of 16

Jump to solution

Hi Karthik - apologies for the late reply - my sysem is Windows 7 and I have internet connection at home via Comcast (both wired and wireless is available). Please let me know how I can get McAfee installed successfully.

Thanks,

Deepesh

karthiks
Former Member
Message 5 of 16

Jump to solution

deepeshk79,

Open Control Panel > Uninstall a program list

Check for Microsoft visual C++ redistributable packages, if present let me know how many programs you have with the same name. Better take a screen shot and upload the same here in your next post

deepeshk79
Former Member
Message 6 of 16

Jump to solution

Hi Karthik - attached is the screenshot.

Thanks

DeepeshScreenshot.png

karthiks
Former Member
Message 7 of 16

Jump to solution

deepeshk79,

Kindly uninstall all the Microsoft Visual C++ packages present on the uninstall a program list.

Once removed restart the computer

Confirm all the packages are removed

If your windows is 32 bit use the below link to install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ package

http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=8328

If your windows is 64 bit use the below link to install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ package

http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=13523

Restart the computer

Run McAfee removal tool see below link

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

Restart the PC

Reinstall the McAfee

If installation fails again navigate to the location C:\Program data\McAfee\Mclogs\McInst

Get me all the text docs present inside the MCINST folder for further workaround

deepeshk79
Former Member
Message 8 of 16

Jump to solution

Hi Karthik - I tried all the steps that you mentioned but the installation is still giving errors. Attached is my control panel uninstall list for your reference

Screenshot-1.jpg

deepeshk79
Former Member
Message 9 of 16

Jump to solution

Also attached are the log files inside MCINST folder, please check.

karthiks
Former Member
Message 10 of 16

Jump to solution

Thanks for the logs, will get back here soon after analyzing it

Message was edited by: karthiks on 3/6/13 9:13:26 PM CST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community