cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rana8432
Former Member
Message 31 of 35

Re: Installation Incomplete- We couldn't install any of the security features etc.....

Jump to solution

Mine is windows 8.1. I am getting the "Installation Incomplete" error.

Please somebody reply with the required steps.

Peacekeeper
Message 32 of 35

Re: Installation Incomplete- We couldn't install any of the security features etc.....

Jump to solution

Best to contact support via phone or chat and let them check out what is happening. It can be c++ installations as well as conflicting software or a bad installation.

tech support here

http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS

jyau25
Contributor
Message 33 of 35

Jump to solution

I just purchased and successfully installed LiveSafe on 3 or 4 WinXP SP3 PCs at home.  I have spent the pass three(3) days troubleshooting the last PC which goes through most of the install process but ends up with the "LiveSafe Installation Incomplete" error message.  I have troubleshot, researched and follow a lot of the great suggestions on this forum and others and have narrow down my particular issue to an incompatability with the latest Microsoft Security Update  KB2862330 ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2862330) and the LiveSafe Installer.  By the way, the is a known Looping Installation issue with this MS Security Update, see See InfoWorld article http://www.infoworld.com/t/microsoft-windows/botched-windows-usb-driver-patch-kb-2862330-triggers-bs....

I successfully installed all of the LiveSafe features with the exception of the Anti-Virus, by removing the KB2862330 and running the LiveSafe installer.

So I have narrowed down the problem to some incompatability with KB2862330 and the McAfee Anti-Virus feature.  Perhaps KB286330 is not fully or properly installed/registered causing the looping condition and inhibiting the LiveSafe installer from successfully completing all the required tasks.

I am hoping that someone in McAfee Product development provides a work around and/or reaches out to Microsoft to investigate and promprtly resolve the issue.

Please emphatize with your customers and get the matter escalated if you can.  Thanks.

Sincerely,

Jorge.  

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 34 of 35

Jump to solution

That's a rather old update and I thought Microsoft had long since taken care of it if it caused issues for some.   I could be wrong.    I never saw any problems here.  The only people who would know about this for sure would be Technical Support - free by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 35 of 35

Jump to solution

Locking Thread as it is over 3 years old.

By

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community