cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cochoa83
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Installation Fails on 3-User McAfee Total Protection Screen

I have tried several times to install the new McAfee Software and everytime it has failed to complete the install. And since I can not call anyone for help without paying I thought I post something here to see if anyone had any ideas on what could be causing the problem. I have turned off all my firewalls and protection and still nothing. Please someone help me out.

Message was edited by: cochoa83 on 2/14/10 1:02:25 PM CST
4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: Installation Fails on 3-User McAfee Total Protection Screen

I have turned off all my firewalls and protection

What Firewall(s) and what protection?   Also what is your operating system and service pack please plus is it 32 or 64-bit.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Hi cochoa83,

Are you still facing the issue in installing McAfee, if so please reply back with the following details so that we could help you better;

What is the type of your internet connection ? (dsl/dial up/wireless)

Do you have any other security software installed in the computer ?

Please provide us the exact error message you receive at the time of downloading if possible attach a screen shot of the same .

Regards,

Dinesh K

hockeyfan950
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

I am having the exact same issue. The PC is a newly reloaded Gateway desktop (using the factory restore disks). I've run Windows Updates (including SP3 and updates through 7/17/10), made sure that no other firewalls or antivirus software is installed, I've used the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool and even hooked up the computer directly to my Comcast cable modem to download everything again. Everything appears to download properly but after the downloads are complete I receive an error stating, "We couldn't install any of the security features included with your software. To fix this, you can: Try installing them again, Run McAfee Virtual Technician"

I have tried to reinstall with no luck. I've also run the Virtual Technician and it also did not work.

Please see attached screenshot.

pagecom
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I was having the same problem and after trying to install many times I contacted Tech support and spent hours with tech support tier 1 and tier 2 through GoAssist to no avail then I decided to tackle the issue myself and finaly was able to install the software myself and here what I did.

1- I ran the McAfee clean-up utility to remove any previous McAfee software from my PC

you can download it from here http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

Run the above utility until you get Clean-up successful then REBOOT , you must reboot.

2-Now remove all McAfee files/folders from program files if there are any

3-Remove all McAfee Files/Folders from Application Data if there are any

Click on Start >> Run >> type %appdata%

4-Remove Any McAfee tasks from Tasks window if there are any

Click on start >> Run >> type tasks

5-Search for any McAfee Traces left on your system

Click on Start >> Search >> all files and folders >> type mcafee

deelete all McAfee files/folders from the search results.

6- Download and run the McAfee Pre_install utility

You can get it here:  http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreinstall.exe

This utlity delets any cookies or temp files left on your system .

after all this try to install again and I hope it works for you like it worked for me.

Cheers

Joe

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community