cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helpme9999
Former Member
Message 1 of 1

Install Problems

Over the weekend McAfee started to download an update. I left my computer and came back 6 hours later and it was still downloading, with my cable connection I have never had such a long down load before. When I tried to turn my computer off, everything froze, and I had to hit the “off” switch. When I re-booted, I no longer had internet access, no matter what I tried to do. A while back I had a similar problem and removed/rein-stalled McAfee and I was fine. So, I uninstalled McAfee, and could now get back on the internet. But when I went to McAfee.com to download my subscription, I am unable to log in to my account. It lets me type my name and password, hit enter, and nothing happens. I tried going back to the main page and download the free trial offer, or even hit a “buy” button to purchase and nothing happens.

Right now I have no way of scanning for a virus, or installing my subscription.

I am on my work computer, and had no problem getting in to my account.

Any ideas ?

Windows XP Home edition
McAfee Total Protection Subscription, expires 3/3/09
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community