cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LesH
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Identity Protection

McAfee Protection Center notifications on Total Protection shows that a Compiled Breach List on my email password has been made on 9 breaches. Mainly 1/7/2019.

However, after entering the verification code sent to me by McAfee to see the password that has been breached I can see that this password has never been used. Is it likely that Scammers sell made up lists to other scammers to defraud them? Rather poetical if so.

This still leaves me with "Breaches" not being addressed. Is there a way of hiding or deleting the breach notifications that I know are false?

3 Replies
Smita_Kumari
Message 2 of 4

Re: Identity Protection

Hi @LesH 

Greetings from McAfee,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We request you to kindly click on view icon next to compiled breach. it will take you to another page where you can see the site information. Once you get the site , kindly close that page and return to the main protection center screen it will give you the option to click on breach addressed. kindly click on it. the breach will get addressed.

Regards,
Smita

LesH
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Smita_Kumari for your reply. Your instructions were almost as you described.

After clicking on the View button and viewing the breach details and then closing the page there wasn't an option to click on Breach Addressed.

However, if I kept the view breach details page open there was a button "Thanks for telling me". Once I clicked on that I got a message to say Breach Addressed.

Regards

Les

LesH
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Sorry I should have put @Smita_Kumari on my reply to you earlier. Thanks for giving me the partial solution that led to the full solution,

Regards

Les

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community