cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Morten78
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

I just bought this today - 'McAfee Internet Security : 1-year subscription'...

...and Firefox suddenly will not work at all.

I open a new browser window and nothing happens. The page comes up as normal, but it just shows the loading circle in the top left corner. I have tried rebooting, killing the browser in Task Manager, and just plain old waiting.

Nothing.

Can anyone help, please?

Cheers!

3 Replies
Aldrin
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: I just bought this today - 'McAfee Internet Security : 1-year subscription'...

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, please clarify the following:

1.    What type of internet connection are you using? (e.g: DSL, Cable, Fiber Optic etc…)

2.    Do you have any other anti-virus/ security applications installed in your computer now?

3.    Are you having issues only with Fire Fox or even with Internet Explorer?

deepu01
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Re: I just bought this today - 'McAfee Internet Security : 1-year subscription'...

Hi,

If you installed the mcafee try restarting the computer in safemode with networking wther you are able to go online

Thanks

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

First of all make sure that Firefox and Windows are all up to date.

Double-click the taskbar icon to open SecurityCenter

Click Web and Email Protection

Click Firewall

Click Program Permissions

Make sure that both Firefox and Internet Explorer have full access, use the Edit button if necessary.

Depending on what operating system and service pack this is you could try repairing the internet connection.  The method varies slightly from system to system.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community