Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Computernewbie8
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

I don't understand

Hello,
For these past 2 weeks, I noticed that whenever I'm on the internet, sometimes my McAfee protection status would show saying that your computer is not fully protected and it would say "click here to fix the problem" or "click here to verify your subscription". It has happened to me about 3-4 times now. Usually in the sections on home page for SecurityCenter , the areas for Computer & Files, Internet & Network, E-mail & IM and Parental Controls are all lit green for this McAfee 2009 Total Protection program I have but for some reason the computer & Files and E-Mail & IM would light up red and the previous mentioned would happened with the messages saying that I'm not fully protected and click here to fix the problem.. I have the McAfee 2009 Total Protection software which includes:

SecurityCenter Version 9.3
Virus Scan Version 13.3
Personal firewall 10.3
Anti-Spam version 10.3
Site Advisor Version 2.9
Parental Controls Version 11.3
Backup and Restore Version 3.3

Please, can anyone help? Thank you.
3 Replies
Jubo
Contributor III
Message 2 of 4

RE: I don't understand

The "not fully protected..." is actually only half the message. There's more and that gives you the reason why it's not fully protected. Like the DAT file, virus signature files, are out of date. What you could do is to completely uninstall the McAfee software andand then reinstall it . Just follow these steps in this document: How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products ...
Computernewbie8
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

No other way?

So there's no other way besides downloading the provided link and re-installing the McAfee product? When I purchased my desktop from DELL, they gave me 30-days trial of McAfee preloaded when I first turned on the computer. What would I need to click on the link on page since I manually installed the 2009 McAfee total protection software? Afterwards, I decided to purchase the 2009 McAfee total Protection software. I just don't understand how the 2009 Total Protection McAfee software could be outdated? Thanks.
Jubo
Contributor III
Message 4 of 4

RE: No other way?

If you got the computer from Dell then it has a Dell/McAfee version on it and it will get the updates from a different location then when you install the software from the McAfee website or installed it from a CD.

In this case it is the best thing to do to completely uninstall the softwre and reinstall it from the site you purchased the 2009 McAfee Total Protection software. If you got it from the McAfee site then download/install it from there.

It is confusing, it's even confusing for the software. But if you install the software that you got from the McAfee site over the Dell/McAfee software then even the software gets confused... even I am confused now...;)
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community