cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redsky
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

I Want To...Manage this Computer-- NOTHING POPS UP

I have multiple computers from my adm computer, all with the mcafee security center installed. I had everything working, able to invite the other computers, play the cards, but due to a mistake on my part, i had to start over. Of note, I changed the adm computer FROM my wireless laptop TO my wired desktop.

I did a mcnetcln on all the computers, reinstalled mcafee on the adm computer, had router off properly etc. Program loaded fine, all the computers show to each other and on the adm computer, i have the option to 'manage this computer.' HOWEVER, WHEN I PRESS IT, NOTHING HAPPENS. I tried the whole darn process again, i.e. the cleanup, reinstall, SAME THING! What am I doing wrong here please? I've done the online chat, duh. the computers talk to each other, i can share files and printer, BUT I WANT THIS THING TO WORK VIA MCAFEE as it makes the integration easier. I know others have had this ailment, but i've yet to come across a fix. thanks for any help.
3 Replies
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

RE: I Want To...Manage this Computer-- NOTHING POPS UP

just try the cleanup tool alone... on all machines and do not re-install.. router needs to be turned off as instructed... once done... reboot all machines as instructed and check.. if you still have issues please post back.
redsky
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

fix

i had already done that, thanks. finally scratched my head again, ran a registry cleanup plus the mcafee virtual technician on the suspect computer (the adm computer). i think it was the mcafee tool that did the trick. despite reinstalling earlier, the registry still had problems in it. shudda thought of that earlier! hope this helps someone else.
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 4

RE: fix

Glad to know that it worked.
However its never advised to run any registry cleaners on any machines . In most cases it does more harm than help.

Virtual technician is something that can be ( needs to be) run first off on any issues you see on the McAfee installation.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community