cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poodles5
Former Member
Message 1 of 12

How do I know if I have version 11?

I have been following all discussions and i am confused- Yesterday I received an update which required a re boot- on checking about after re book it said I had version 11.5 .237. No where do I see versionn 11.

11 Replies
theflyingmonkey
Former Member
Message 2 of 12

Re: How do I know if I have version 11?

I think it is suppose to say version 10.5.237.  I got that update too, to find the Version, open McAfee and then click on Navigation in the top right and then click About on you left hand side to see the version.

poodles5
Former Member
Message 3 of 12

When I click on about and go to version -version states 10.5- I thought the next update would say version 11, guess I am wrong.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 12

Eventually it will but that is the 2011 final version so may take a while as it is still being slowly issued to the various worldwide servers.

red_dawn
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Hi Peter,

Do you have any info, or a link, outlining any improvements or new features in the 2011 version?

Thanks.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 12

Visually it's similar except About is on the main page of the UI instead of on the Navigation page.

It's less resource hungry, scans faster and has file exclusions in the manual and scheduled scans, but not in the real-time scanner.

There are other differences but offhand I can't recall what they are, sorry.  Nothing is in print unfortunately.

red_dawn
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Thanks, Peter.

Much appreciated.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 12

You're welcome.  Oh, I just remembered another improvement.   Updates and scheduled scans used to delay if the CPU was too busy, now they wait just a short while and will proceed regardless.

hopeless1
Former Member
Message 9 of 12

I purchased McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2011 in January 2011 in the box and installed from the disk.  I've been updated 10.5.237

Why does the box indicate 2011?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 12

We've tried to persuade them not to do that, but apparently it's a marketing strategy adopted by not only McAfee, but Norton and all the rest.

It really doesn't matter too much because as long as the subscription is current updates/upgrades are automatic.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community