cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Legit
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

How Do I turn off Mcafee

I don't need to turn it off for good just for one program.
I seen where you can turn it off for a set amount of time but when the time is up it deletes what I need.

Basically, I need to let Mcafee let a trojan on my computer. Don't ask.
8 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 9

RE: How Do I turn off Mcafee

If you already know you can turn it off for a limited time then you should see the option to turn it off until the next restart or never.

Double-click the taskbar icon to open SecurityCenter
Click Advanced Menu (bottom left)
Click Configure (left)
Click Computer & Files (top left)
Turn it off in the right-hand module and tell it for how long.
silverhawk
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Hello Legit,

You cannot do this..!!..This is also not recommended...If you want to turn off realtime scanner then it can only be set permanently off..McAfee home products do not have exclusion option, enterprise product do have it..!! But what McAfee does is logical and good..otherwise if something goes wrong like system unstable or unusual behavior then people will blame McAfee...You can send that file to McAfee for analysis and also check which scanner detects it. like on virus total and threat expert, atleast on threatexpert you can check it's behavior..
Legit
Former Member
Message 4 of 9

So basically I can't do this without putting my computer in risk from other programs?
silverhawk
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Affirmative...you can't do..!!
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 9

You can do it...but your computer will be at risk the whole time it's off. I already pointed out that it can be turned off, so not sure why we are suddenly saying it can't be done.

As a Moderator here I'm not used to being contradicted.
silverhawk
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

I answered the question as i thought he is being asking to turn off or to exclude for particular program...
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 9

I understood that he wanted to turn it off for an indefinite period so he could load this "trojan" whatever it was.

I've long since given up asking why people want to do what they want to do.

No problem.;)
makammaven
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community