cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iwishinu
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Help Please!...Security Center 9.15 is driving me nuts!

As of today I am not a happy camper with McAfee...

Acer computer running Vista Home Premium
64 Bit OS

Started out this afternoon getting constant pop ups saying "on-access scanner service stopped working and was closed"....Which would cause a warning that I wasn't fully protected, ..When I checked , my Computer and Files , and E-mail and IM were not protected...Hit fix, it would be fine for a few minutes then it would happen all over again......

Finally uninstalled and reinstalled, then updated........

NOW, I'm getting the warnings that I'm not fully protected and it's my Internet & Network and Parental Controls!...Hi fix and it says one or more problems requires your response.......The only response it showing me that is needed is verifying my subscription..Which I did and did and did...Each time it informed me that my subscription had been verified, but it still doesn't fix it!...........

Any help would be appreciated before I uninstall the thing altogether! *lol*
3 Replies
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

RE: Help Please!...Security Center 9.15 is driving me nuts!

Please try this:

On a friend or family member's computer, download the Malwarebytes installer and update files from the links below, copy them to a CD or flash drive, then transfer the files to the problem machine and use them. If you can't start the computer into "normal" windows, try installing, updating, and running the scans AFTER the computer is started into Safe Mode.. I use the sites below to download the installer file and the manual updater:

Once downloaded and before transferring them to the problem machine, rename the program installer "mbam-setup.exe" file to something else like "Gogetum.exe", then copy the installer file and the update file to a CD or flash drive.. Transfer the file to the problem machine, then install the "Gogetum.exe" file, then run the update to get the program current.. After that, run a full system scan and delete anything it finds.

Malwarebytes Installer Download Link (Clicking on the links below will immediately start the download dialogue window.)
http://www.besttechie.net/tools/mbam-setup.exe

Malwarebytes Manual Updater link
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/dat...mbam-rules.exe

Next, download the SuperAntispyware program and the manual updater from the links below. After running the Malwarebytes tool above, if you still can't download and install it directly from the problem machine, download it on a friend or family member's computer as well. After installing and updating SuperAntispyware, run another full system scan and delete everything it finds as well. As before, you may need to rename the installer file to get the program to install.:

SuperAntispyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

SuperAntispyware Manual Updater
http://www.superantispyware.com/definitions.html

In a few situations, in order for the program to run, it was also necessary to rename the main "mbam.exe" file also after installing it.. It resides in the C:\Programs Files\Malwarebytes Antimalware folder....
Iwishinu
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

RE: Help Please!...Security Center 9.15 is driving me nuts!

Well that didn't work.:(

Ran both programs, with full updates, MWB found 1 item and removed it....SAS found 209 cookies, removed them all......

Rebooted after each as per prompt.....

Right after the final reboot, got a notice that my Firewall wasn't active...Hit fix and it took care of that...

All seemed well, for about 15 minutes, then I got the notice that I wasn't fully protected......Again!

Same as before, wanting me to verify subscription for Internet & Network and Parental Controls...

Next suggestion??:confused:
rwsmit
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

same **** once again

Hi!

Same happened to me for the second time today, just before a long trip abroad. Great, it will be a long night. Knowing from the earlier experience there is no other resolution to the problem then either installing Vista completely new, followed by McAfee. This of course is too ridiculous for words, so I choose option number two: byebye McAfee. Somehow this problem pops up with a lot of people and there still is no solution. I call it the error of death, because it really signals the end of a functioning McAfee. Also removing McAfee and re-installing it doesn't work, it makes the problem even worse: installation fails near the end with a rollback as consequence. I am running Kaspersky now on my first system where I encountered this ****, the second will follow in a moment. Very sad that this keeps happening and that there is no good solution or a bugfix for it. It is really extremely annoying that private users are always completely left in the dark, calling a help desk is completely useless, they only know some standard problems and procedures, when somethig goes really wrong there is no answer. Other then re-installing Windows etc. etc. Great when you are in the middle of deadlines, a lot of work and a long trip ahead.

So unfortunately no other advice then to choose another security suite, it will be the smoothest and quickest solution for this extremely annoying error.

Regards,

Ronald.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community